Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 757

0 members and 757 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 54,199, 06-29-2026 at 02:43 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

HCReptiles (56)

» Stats

Members: 76,134
Threads: 249,274
Posts: 2,573,133
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, torub
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12
  1. #11
    BPnet Veteran Stearns84's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-03-2015
    Location
    Elgin, Illinois
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    584
    Thanked 665 Times in 284 Posts

    Re: raising ambient temp in my tub

    I had a 41qt rack set up and honestly it was horrible. I fought ambient temps all the time, even worse in the winter. I had wrap it in 1.5" styrofoam from Home Depot to keep the ambient temps up. You can try putting more heat tape on it, but it just provides a warm spot not changing the ambient temps. I would skip any substrate and just use paper towels and go with a smaller hide. This will keep them temps up in the smaller hide.

    I went with a T8 & T10 with RHP, best thing I have ever done.

    Thanks,
    Steve
    Tina - 0.1 Pastel Ball Python
    Gene - 1.0 Platinum Dwarf Retic

  2. #12
    BPnet Senior Member tttaylorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-10-2014
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois USA
    Posts
    5,704
    Thanks
    4,501
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    Images: 22

    Re: raising ambient temp in my tub

    Quote Originally Posted by Stearns84 View Post
    I had a 41qt rack set up and honestly it was horrible. I fought ambient temps all the time, even worse in the winter. I had wrap it in 1.5" styrofoam from Home Depot to keep the ambient temps up. You can try putting more heat tape on it, but it just provides a warm spot not changing the ambient temps. I would skip any substrate and just use paper towels and go with a smaller hide. This will keep them temps up in the smaller hide.

    I went with a T8 & T10 with RHP, best thing I have ever done.

    Thanks,
    Steve
    thanks for your input. now i'm not sure i want to try fighting with the heat tape...i know it's not meant for ambient temps, but there's got to be another way to heat the ambient temps of a tub, right!?
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino ✮ 0.1 Coral Glow ✮ 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox ✮ 1.0 Piebald ✮ 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald ✮ 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald ✮

    1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo ✮

    1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ???? ✮

    0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix ✮

    0.1 human ✌︎

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1