Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,143

0 members and 2,143 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,602
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Putting the corn "to sleep"

Yipe. Every time I read one of the threads started by this kid...I get more and more convinced that some people just shouldnt be allowed any pets at all. He's having so much trouble with the few snakes he has, yet he keeps adding more to his collection. Scary.

Thanks

Nooo Snakie!!! you should have sent it over here I would have taken it! How many different thingies did you try or did you just go straight to freezing it? If you did HOW CRUEL!
    ~*Luna*~ The crazy Sagittarius/Snake BP Lady
    Cal and Ki's Proud Mommy.
    ~~* Goddess Bless*~~
    1.0.0- Normal Ball Python (Kyros "Ki")
    0.1.0- Normal*Spider sibling*Ball Python(Calypso"Cal")
    1.0.0- Betta fish (Leonidas "Leo")
    Steve Irwin (2/22/62 - 9/4/06)
    Sagittarius- Shockingly blunt since the beginning of time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MiniJ83 View Post
    Yipe. Every time I read one of the threads started by this kid...I get more and more convinced that some people just shouldnt be allowed any pets at all. He's having so much trouble with the few snakes he has, yet he keeps adding more to his collection. Scary.
    I'm sorry if the questions I've been asking on this forum haven't been up to your high standards. Most of them were just clarification questions for me, because I like a little extra clarification. My two remaining snakes are doing fantastic, actually. I make sure the husbandry is spot on, they're both feeding on a schedule, and feeding well. My ball is in shed right now. I don't understand the nastiness coming from you. The snake had gone just about 5 months without eating anything! It was so thin it could hardly hold its head up... its color was even fading! We tried EVERY suggestion in the book, with the exception of force feeding. I take damn good care of my animals, and I research thoroughly to ensure the health of the animal. I called the only reptile vet I could find, and talked to him about the corn, and he suggested I either bring it in (which sadly we couldn't afford... we're both going to school soon.) or I put him in the freezer. He told us, what a lot of you have been saying, that some corns just won't eat and are doomed to die. It was inhumane to keep it alive... it was starving itself. Tell me why I deserve your disrespect? What are you trying to accomplish here?
    Jordan
    "Don't be afraid of a reptile's tongue; the only animal that can hurt you with it's tongue is a human being."

My Snakes....0.0.1 Mexican Black King, named Lilith ~ 0.0.1 Royal Python, named Zuli

Wish List....Snow Corn~Vietnamese Blue Beauty~Lavender King~Sunbeam~Brown Water Python

Royal Morphz Maker Royal Morphz's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok Here's My Disrespect. Did You Ever Try Assist Feeding It I Never Once Saw A Post Where You Asked Any Advice On How To Assist Feed (im At Home All Day With A Leg Fracture So Im On Here Alot)? So If You As Dense As You Seem As You Cant See Why Us As Herp Keepers, Lovers,and Breeders Are So Appalled That You Just Up And Put In The Freezer I Wouldnt Be As Upset Had You At Least Asked For Assistance On Assist Feeding But You Didnt And Then To Come At Someone That Cares About Your Animal Like He Or She Was Wrong In What You Said That Just Sucks. Your On A Herp Site With People That Are Here To Help And You Never Ask For It Then When You Come At Us With Im Gonna Kill My Snake You Except Us To Think You Gave It Your All I Think Thats Bs And Frankly Im Done I Could Careless About Any Of Your Post From Now On .
    Tim Johnson

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jorgasm View Post
    I'm sorry if the questions I've been asking on this forum haven't been up to your high standards. Most of them were just clarification questions for me, because I like a little extra clarification. My two remaining snakes are doing fantastic, actually. I make sure the husbandry is spot on, they're both feeding on a schedule, and feeding well. My ball is in shed right now. I don't understand the nastiness coming from you. The snake had gone just about 5 months without eating anything! It was so thin it could hardly hold its head up... its color was even fading! We tried EVERY suggestion in the book, with the exception of force feeding. I take damn good care of my animals, and I research thoroughly to ensure the health of the animal. I called the only reptile vet I could find, and talked to him about the corn, and he suggested I either bring it in (which sadly we couldn't afford... we're both going to school soon.) or I put him in the freezer. He told us, what a lot of you have been saying, that some corns just won't eat and are doomed to die. It was inhumane to keep it alive... it was starving itself. Tell me why I deserve your disrespect? What are you trying to accomplish here?
    Sadly...you can't afford to bring you beloved pets to the vet. If you can't afford basic care of your pets (basic being...ya know, them not eating) then you shouldnt have pets. Sorry man. Thats life. I'd love to have fifty more snakes. But at the moment, I cant provide food, shelter, space, or care for another fifty snakes. So I don't buy them. So if you can't afford everything a snake needs to live...INCLUDING PROPER HEALTH CARE...then maybe you should get a hamster.

BPnet Veteran Kesslers Kreatures's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by royal morphz View Post
    Ok Here's My Disrespect. Did You Ever Try Assist Feeding It I Never Once Saw A Post Where You Asked Any Advice On How To Assist Feed (im At Home All Day With A Leg Fracture So Im On Here Alot)? So If You As Dense As You Seem As You Cant See Why Us As Herp Keepers, Lovers,and Breeders Are So Appalled That You Just Up And Put In The Freezer I Wouldnt Be As Upset Had You At Least Asked For Assistance On Assist Feeding But You Didnt And Then To Come At Someone That Cares About Your Animal Like He Or She Was Wrong In What You Said That Just Sucks. Your On A Herp Site With People That Are Here To Help And You Never Ask For It Then When You Come At Us With Im Gonna Kill My Snake You Except Us To Think You Gave It Your All I Think Thats Bs And Frankly Im Done I Could Careless About Any Of Your Post From Now On .
    Well said sir.
    Lewie

0.1 Girlfriend
    5.13 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boas

Thanks

Before you buy any of the animals on your wishlist, I'd suggest you have a savings account with at least $400 set aside specifically for any future vet visits you WILL need. Would you get a dog or a cat without being able to afford it's shots, heartguard, frontline, etc? If not, than why would you buy a bunch of reptiles that you can't afford vet visits for? To me that makes it seem like you regard reptiles as disposable pets. How long did your corn snake go without eating before you called a vet? You should have been force feeding it after going 2-3 months without a first meal, imo. It sounds like you waited until it had about a week of life left in it, then you called the vet, then you froze it to save some money. If I'm right, that's where my disrespect is coming from.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

I must say that it is a little disappointing that you didn't make an attempt to assist feed. I just started a thread regarding one of my hatchlings that hasn't taken a meal since the day he was born. He had a little pencil neck...skinny little guy...all he needed was some persuasion with an assist feed to help him out.

Royal Morphz Maker Royal Morphz's Avatar
    Thanks

After thinking about what i said i dont change what i said i just wish to change how i said it. Plain and simple you were wrong in what you did. I'd think long and hard before you get anymore animals not just snakes i mean if you dont have at least enough to saved up for a basic vet visit then point blank you dont need that animal NUFF SAID
    Tim Johnson

Thanks

Since you are a Satanist, can't you just trade your soul for some loot for a vet visit or something? I mean, if you're going to pledge your eternal soul to the dark side, shouldn't you at least get some cash or the ability to play guitar like Jimmy Paige or something? I thought that's how it works.

What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast