Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,365

1 members and 2,364 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,151
Threads: 248,593
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lunarlily28

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 9,738 Times in 3,878 Posts

Re: Cat adoption denied for having a Ball Python after taking home the cat. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    What everyone here needs to understand is these rescue agencies see the worst of people and how they neglect and abandoned animals. It can't help but make people jaded. The fact they have these rules is because they err on the side of caution. I have rescued dogs for over 20 years and have happily gone through these levels of hoops to ensure I was the best match for an abandoned dog.

I can see this as a reasonable concern by a group that deals with the worst people do to animals. They do not know you nor do they know your snake. To introduce a potentially traumatized cat to a snake can reasonably be assumed is a potential for disaster. Instead of trying to fight them on this see if they will work with you and make sure you do everything to prevent the cat from interacting with the snake (which you should do anyway. Dogs and cats should never interact with snakes). If you lose this cat because of a potential to them being a negative situation, take it as they want what is best for the cat, not what is best for you.
    Interesting perspective SDA.

You make a lot of sense.

I think the issue here is that the OP disclosed they owned snakes, they granted the adoption, and then changed their mind.

I totally understand that the agencies ultimately want what's best for the animal being placed. Ignoring the issue of whether a house with snakes is okay for a cat, and vice versa, they should have read the adoption application before granting the adoption.

I think that's what's shady here. If they were a well run agency, or the person granting the adoption had done their job, they should have just said NO in the beginning.

That's the part that bothers me the most.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Pengil (02-27-2018),pretends2bnormal (02-27-2018),SylvesterVoltaire (03-05-2018)