Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,099

1 members and 2,098 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,394
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, 316 Pythons

Threaded View

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Going to say Hi! - As a start...

Hi guys,

Introducing myself. My name is Paul and I am a Chicago area resident. I currently live in Buffalo Grove, IL.

I've had reptiles off and on since I was 10 years old. My first pet Reptile was a wild caught Garter Snake when I was a kid that lived in a 55g aquarium and I fed her minnows from the bait store in her Water Dish. I had her for quite a few years.

When I got a graduated High School, got a job, and was working Full Time, I got my first big snakes and I went too big, too fast, without any safety restrictions or regulations. At one point I had (5) Retics and (3) Burmese pythons in the front room of my house. One of the snakes that I adopted ended up bringing in a bad infection and I lost my entire collection to it. I learned a lot about proper Reptile keeping during that time. Shortly after all this went down, I moved, got married, and was far too busy for proper reptile care, so I hadn't had a reptile for a long time.

A few years later I helped my Dad with his Leopard Geckos. Cute little set of girls.

About a year ago I relocated to where I am now for work. I've been settled, so I decided to go to NARBC to "just look" and lo and behold, I came home with (2) young Ball Pythons that I wasn't wholly prepared for.

Scrambling, I've purchased most of what I need. Both babies are currently in latching strapped tubs with 3" flex tape being ran by a variable thermostat. Temps are good.

Both of my girls were sold to me as eating F/T rats already, but I found that untrue with one of them. So we're feeding frozen rats to one and live mice to the other (and live mice are 30 mins away to find up here)

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have more to say later, and I'll post some pictures soon, but for now. Hi!

Best,

Paul

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pbenner For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-20-2018),distaff (10-20-2018),dr del (10-22-2018),Ronniex2 (10-20-2018),Sonny1318 (10-20-2018),tttaylorrr (10-20-2018)