Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,145

2 members and 3,143 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Give me your opinion on my setup/Is it normal for BP to come out during the day?

Please give me thoughts on my setup, the temp. that is glared is 80.00 not 100.00 just in case you were wondering

Also is it normal for my BP to be out during the day? It was drinking water and moving around but I never seen him do that before

Thanks

Re: Give me your opinion on my setup/Is it normal for BP to come out during the day?

i personally would have two identical hides instead of two unmatching hides, but thats me.. also do you have any difficulty with that large bowl of water or is your humidity alright/stable all the time?

your temps/humidity look good IMO, the warm side could be maybe a smidge higher but thats all in personal preferance. we keep ours about low of 88-high of 91 (warm side temp) variation lately between shelves in the rack system we use. my spider ball is very active all the time while the other five are lazy butts.. so it could be yours wants to be out and looking around. is it close to feeding day yet? he could be hunting around. thermoregulating is normal too, you just simply cought him movign around his tank going from cool to warm side. could be anumber of things. as long as your temps stay where they are and hes not due to eat then i say hes fine, just exploring. two of our shelves use those exoterra temp probes, i like em' and i have two of the other exoterra ones that do time, temp, humidity, all in one.
    Last edited by ADEE; 02-11-2008 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks

Re: Give me your opinion on my setup/Is it normal for BP to come out during the day?

He seems not to mine, during day hes in one and when I wake up hes in another, seems like he's getting use to it, but thanks for the opinions... humidity is so tough to get right its frustrating lol

Thanks

hey im right there with you!!! for some reason my rack system is SUCKING out my humidity, im resorting to misting the bins every other day and keeping the water bowl on the warm side!! its very frustrating lol... good job for getting other peoples POV. i know this is one of the only places i use as a resource theres always somethign to be learned about these guys!

Thanks

I just tried feeding, he ate it RIGHT away, wow im surprised

Thanks

i would cover up the sides and back of your fish tank with black construction paper or something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by extensive View Post
    i would cover up the sides and back of your fish tank with black construction paper or something.
    actually a very good point, i totally forgot to do that

Thanks

pic of my BP eating a few mins ago

Thanks

I think your set up looks pretty good. There are a few nitpicky things that could be argued for or against, but if your snake isn't stressed and continues to eat regularly for you, then all is well. BP's are primarily nocturnal and I'm sure you will see him roaming a lot more often when it is dark, but it is not totally uncommon for one to come out every now and then during the daytime. Much props to you for getting all of those digital temperature and humidity instruments!
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Thanks

looks fine to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gunns View Post
    You could learn a thing or two from Big Gunns. The first lesson being.....if you're gonna dish it, you better be ready to EAT IT!!!!!
    I do it for the lulz, nothing else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast