Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,352

2 members and 3,350 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Threaded View

Thanks

New to this forum, Got a BEL, Shed question

Hello! I recently got my first BP, a Blue eyed lucy from a local reputable reptile shop. I set up the new fuy’s enclosure slowly a while before getting him, making sure i had perfect temps and humidity. Also made sure there is enough “clutter” to make him feel comfortable. I won’t get into the whole setup, unless requested.

I brought him home and put him in the enclosure and didn’t bother him for 7 days other than watching him breathe and changing his water haha. On the 7th day i went to get his first feeder (smallish rat pup, pre kill) same as what he was eating at the store. I got home and noticed, great, his eyes are dull. I knew that meant he was preparing to shed and so he probably wouldn’t eat. I still offered the rat and although he seemed very interested and excited, he denied it. So that was yesterday. Today i check on him and his eyes are back to clear, where i can clearly see his pupils. (his eyes are darkish blue with a black pupil, unlike some very bright blue BEL’s i’ve seen)

I didn’t think the hazy eyes faze would pass so quick, so maybe i mistakenly thought he was in shed? How obvious is the hazy eyes, especially with a BEL? I can very easily tell with other snakes with black eyes, but the normal blue eyes is throwing me off.

Thanks, Jason

Oh, I did take him out yesterday to get a closer look at his eyes, and even up close i couldn’t see his pupils. Today, without taking him out i could see the pupils.

Sorru if this is in the wrong section!
    Last edited by gdawgs56; 01-15-2019 at 06:13 PM.