Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 484

1 members and 483 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts

How to Post Pictures

One of the most frequently asked questions here on BP.net is, "How do I post a picture in my thread to share with everyone?" The process is actually quite simple and the method here is very similar to other online forums. I am going to take you on a guided tour of four user-friendly methods that are available (Tapatalk, the BP.net Gallery, Imgur, and Photobucket). If, by then end of this thread, you still are unable to post a picture for all to see, please don't hesitate to reach out for assistance - we are more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Using the following picture as our example, this is the beginning of our guide:

Part 1: How to Post Pictures Using Tapatalk (Mobile App)

1. From the BP.net forum, select the menu button at the top of the Tapatalk screen:

2. From the open menu select "New Topic" towards the bottom of the screen:

3. Once you have chosen the Forum and Subforum for your new thread, select "Post to:" from the bottom of the screen:

4. Title your new thread and create the body of your post. When you've reached the spot in your post that you would like to insert a picture, select the camera icon from the bottom of the screen:

5. The camera icon brings up a menu for you to choose the source of your picture. Since I have the picture I want to share saved on the phone already, I chose the "Gallery" option:

6. From your mobile device, select the picture that you would like to share:

7. Once you have selected the picture, Tapatalk automatically hosts your photo online and generates the image code needed so others can see it on the forum. The only thing left to do now is to select the submit post arrow when you're finished with your thread.
    Once complete, scroll all of the way to the bottom of this thread...

Part 2: How to Post Pictures Using the BP.net Gallery

1. From the BP.net homepage, select "Gallery" from the "Site Navigation" menu towards the top left of the screen:

2. Once you're in the Gallery, select "My Images" from the menu near the top of the screen:

3. For the purposes of this thread, I am going to assume that the picture you want to share is not already in your BP.net Gallery currently. Since this is the case, select the "+ Upload Image" button on the left of the screen:

4. On the "Upload Image" page, select "Choose File" from the menu near the top:

5. Once you have selected the photo from your computer that you would like to share, its name will appear in the box next to the "Choose File" button:

6. From there, enter any information that you wish to add about your picture and select the "Submit" button. Remember, the fields marked with the * are required:

7. On the next screen, you will see that your picture has been uploaded to the site. You're almost there!:

8. On the right side of this page near the bottom, you'll see an "Image Code" menu. Highlight the entire link from the "Direct Link Code:" field and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

9. If you haven't done so already, start a new thread in the BP.net Subforum of your choice. When you get to the place in your post that you would like to insert your picture, select the "Insert Image" icon from the menu above the text box:

10. Paste (Ctrl+V) the link to your picture that you copied earlier into the "URL" field of the "Insert Image" window and click "OK":

11. Now, you should see your picture in the body of your post. Don't worry if it looks too big - the forum will automatically resize it to a smaller preview version when you submit your thread:

12. Select the "Submit New Thread" button from the bottom right of the screen. Once complete, scroll all of the way to the bottom of this thread...

Part 3: How to Post Pictures Using Imgur

1. Imgur (http://imgur.com/) is an online image hosting service. It is completely free to use and does not require a membership to use its services. First, select "upload images" from the top of the Imgur home page:

2. In the "Upload Images" window, select the option you would like to use in order to choose the photo from your computer that you would like to share:

3. Once you have selected your picture, a preview of it will appear in the "Upload Images" window. From there, select the "Start Upload" button from the right hand side of the window:

4. Once your picture has been uploaded, it will appear on the next screen. Click the copy icon to the left of the website under "Direct Link (email & IM)". If done correctly, you will see a message that says "copied" (automatically copying the address for you):

5. Continue to Step #9 from the "How to Post Pictures Using the BP.net Gallery" section above.

Part 4: How to Post Pictures Using Photobucket

1. Photobucket (http://photobucket.com) is another online image hosting service. It is completely free to use (although there are upgrades you can pay for), but does require a membership to use its services. I'm going to assume you're not already signed-up, so we'll start there. Click the "Sign up" button and follow the steps necessary to complete registration:

2. Once you have registered and signed-in, select the "Upload" button from the menu across the top of the home screen:

3. In the new window that appears, chose and follow the method you would like to use in order to select the photo you want to share from your computer:

4. When your upload is complete, you will see a preview of your photo. From here, select the "View Uploads" button to continue:

5. Hover your mouse at the top right (on the gear icon) of the photo you've uploaded that you'd like to share and select "Share Links" from the menu that appears:

6. In the "Photo Links" menu towards the bottom of the new window, click on the website address under the "Direct" heading. If done correctly, you'll see the box turn yellow and it will read "Copied" for a brief time (automatically copying the address for you):

7. Continue to Step #9 from the "How to Post Pictures Using the BP.net Gallery" section above.

Congratulations! You've successfully shared your picture with the BP.net family! Great job!

I truly hope that you have found this guide to be helpful. Again, don't be shy about asking questions if none of these methods work for you. There are tens of thousands of members on this site that are waiting to help you out in any way that they can. Happy herping, and may the odds be with you!

Best regards,
    Eric
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Eric Alan For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

C.Marie (05-23-2017),CaptainKillua (01-13-2018),dr del (10-16-2014),John1982 (01-03-2016),Kamerick (11-04-2014),Mustang5 (06-13-2015),PeterPieBaldPython (01-25-2015),PitOnTheProwl (01-16-2015),Rickys_Reptiles (02-27-2015),Scrowly2010 (08-06-2015),Stewart_Reptiles (06-14-2015),Tarasaurus (11-19-2014),tienvaduc (12-30-2015),TrishTheTerp (09-06-2021),tropiclikeitshot (06-07-2022),xyzpdq75 (03-05-2015)

Thanks

Re: How to Post Pictures

Thank you. I wish they didn't feel the need to update this thing every 6 months- a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Why is all of that necessary? What happened to upload, 'OK', done? Too much, too much. Make it easier if you want more people to post images. Which might mean hiring some new network , IA, and IS guys.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burchling View Post
    Why is all of that necessary? What happened to upload, 'OK', done? Too much, too much. Make it easier if you want more people to post images. Which might mean hiring some new network , IA, and IS guys.
    Considering we have none of those then yeah, it would.

If it is too much effort for you I'm guessing you wouldn't resize the pictures either - that means a lot of file host charges too. I think we'll pass on paying for all those because somebody is too lazy to click a few buttons.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (05-23-2017),Eric Alan (06-13-2015),PitOnTheProwl (06-14-2015)

Thanks

This is a free site - if we want it to stay free, there have to be some limitations on hosting. Members can upload pictures to their galleries (with a data threshold), or host their images on other sites that are BUILT to provide mass image data. Inserting a linked image is WAY less data-intensive on a site than hosting pictures directly in a thread. It's not that much more work, and it keeps the site free. If you want some additional on-site hosting data there's always the paid membership perks. But free forums attract more interested parties, and I'm sure I speak for the majority of the members when I say that we'd prefer the minor inconvenience of having to host and then cross-post hyperlinked pictures, rather than pay an obligatory monthly subscription fee.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aercadia For This Useful Post:

dr del (06-13-2015),Eric Alan (06-13-2015),Stewart_Reptiles (06-14-2015)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Cut the site a check. Im sure they could make it happen.
    Then again there are hundreds of people posting every day without problems.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (05-23-2017)

Thanks

How do you do this oh a Windows Phone? I don't get a gallery option, it just takes me straight to my camera.
    ������

Thanks

It's very difficult to copy the image code using a tablet, since only a portion of the image code is displayed. There's no way to scroll further to the right to see the entire image code and I can't hit control c on my iPad. Is there anyway to address this to make posting pictures easier?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Does tapping the link increase and decrease the amount of the text highlighted on a tablet?
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.