Sorry for the millionth post on BP feeding issues. It seems like we all have them. Mine has never been a consistent eater and the latest drought doesn't have me too worried but I'm always questioning if it's par for the course with a 2 year old adult male or is there another factor involved such as the FT has been stored for too long in the freezer.

He hasn't eaten for almost 2 months and up until this week he wouldn't even come out of his hide when presented w/ food using the hairdryer technique. I was feeding my BOA two nights ago and the BP perked up like he was 'ready for food'. I felt so bad because I didn't have any ready for him so I made sure the next night I had a FT Rat waiting for him. I heated it up and he WAS READY TO GO. Head Cocked and Out of His hide....and then NOTHING. Almost like it didn't smell right so he passed on it. Left it in his cage and it was still there this morning.

The feeders are about 7 months old and stored in a ziplock bag in the freezer. Do you think they may not be 'fresh' enough for the BP? I haven't noticed any smells other then when I heat them up but I'm willing to order new ones if that might do the trick.

One other note which may or may not be a factor, he hasn't eaten since I moved my new male BOA to the same room and his enclosure was moved to a new spot in the room (on top of the Boa enclosure).