Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,286

1 members and 3,285 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Questions on deviding a tank

I was thinking of getting another ball python. I only have the one and she is small im not 100% sure yet as i was looking at a male heres my question my tank is 54 in long 22 in wide 25 in high if i decided to put a devider lets say in the middle and cut that to 27 in long on both sides by 22 in wide would that be enough space if they were both full grown? Or would i be better off getting 2 tubs if i decided to get another ball? Like i said i dont know if i even want to get another one im pretty content on just having the 1 right now and i already spent alot on her enclosure so if i had to get rid of it i would lose out on alot and would defer from getting another one for awhile

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Questions on deviding a tank

minimum space requirements for an adult ball python is ~41qts, which is approx 4 ft. of floor space.

i dont think that enclosure will comfortably house 2 adult beeps for their lives.

EDIT: hi friend!
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 10-17-2018 at 10:05 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-17-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    minimum space requirements for an adult ball python is ~41qts, which is approx 4 ft. of floor space.

i dont think that enclosure will comfortably house 2 adult beeps for their lives.

EDIT: hi friend!
    Thanks. I will just keep the one for now i dont want to blow more money in having to get a bunch more stuff maybe down the road i love my little buddy so im okay with just the one right now. Thank you for that information

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan_ View Post
    Thanks. I will just keep the one for now i dont want to blow more money in having to get a bunch more stuff maybe down the road i love my little buddy so im okay with just the one right now. Thank you for that information

well if you buy them as bbys you'll have plenty of time to get the proper setups.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

well if you buy them as bbys you'll have plenty of time to get the proper setups.
    The one i have is a baby person i gotnitnoff estimated at about 5 to 6 months old when i got her asked again the other day to see of they had a record ive had her/him for a month she guessed 6 months so lets say 6-8 months old to be safe lol anyways the one im looking at is an adult so it would be needing a new enclosure now cant afford another enclosure right now i was just gojng to devide and put heating mat in middlenof enclosure so both sides would have a uth untill i could get another thermostat with another uth but dont have roommfor another giant enclosure i do have another one at 48in long 18 wide 18 tall but the lid i have to strap down with ratchet straps reason i got new enclosure way to much work to get in and out of enclosure lol i could setup another one just dont have space in my room and my room is warmest spot in house so

Thanks

Her enclosure

Thanks

Her enclosure

awe, she's living like a queen.

focus on her for now. i didn't get another snake until i had my first for almost 3 years; patience is rare in this hobby!
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 10-17-2018 at 10:38 PM.
    4.4 ball python

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

awe, she's living like a queen.

focus on her for now. i didn't get another snake until i had my first for almost 3 years; patience is rare in this hobby!
    Yeah im in no rush i love her lol. I wanted to give her something she would never outgrow i need to clutter it up more looking into more decorations and plants also need to replace the left side hide cant untill tm/thursday she uses both just people say its better to have 2 identical so thats what i plan on doing also looking for a digital hygrometor idk if they need a probe or not dont want to pay 30 to 40 bucks for one from reptile store thats ridiculous proce for a hygrometor

Thanks

Yeah im in no rush i love her lol. I wanted to give her something she would never outgrow i need to clutter it up more looking into more decorations and plants also need to replace the left side hide cant untill tm/thursday she uses both just people say its better to have 2 identical so thats what i plan on doing also looking for a digital hygrometor idk if they need a probe or not dont want to pay 30 to 40 bucks for one from reptile store thats ridiculous proce for a hygrometor

2 identical hides is SOP for beeps; that's great advice.
    not sure where you are but here's the thermometer/hygrometer i use; Amazon link but you can find them at ur local walmart: [URL=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004K8RF10/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_tu.XBbX42RDGCLINK[/URL]
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 10-17-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    4.4 ball python

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

2 identical hides is SOP for beeps; that's great advice.
    not sure where you are but here's the thermometer/hygrometer i use; Amazon link but you can find them at ur local walmart: [URL=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004K8RF10/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_tu.XBbX42RDGCLINK[/URL]
    Canada. I have a walmart about 20 mins away haha. Im having triuble finding plants i find logs sticks hides etc at reptile stores but never plants looking into them online just most the time they dont ship to canada or charge alot for shipping lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast