Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,364

4 members and 3,360 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Solana - Our Scaleless Sunglow Motley Corn

Solana is getting ready for her first shed with us. She ate Sunday and then last night Katie went to pick her up and was met with much hysterics; bluff striking and tail rattling. Katie freaked out and didn't want to pick Solana up. I told her that you have to call her bluff and scooped her right up. Within a second of picking her up, she calmed right down, and realized I was not a threat. However, kind of odd since she hasn't done that since day one. A quick look at her tiny face, and sure enough, cloudy eyes! Humidity is high in the house and I moistened the paper towel in the two cool hides as well as misted the tank (2-3 sprays) with purified water (which she drinks - she's so tiny and we have chlorinated water - it's not bad, but why risk it - everyone else gets a mix of purified and tap). I repeated that step again today, but with a little more humidity added, as her eyes are no longer cloudy.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Again, today, her eyes were clear and there were not hysterics when we checked on her. I was expecting poop, but not yet. Very interesting to see the loose skin on her body pre-shed.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Additionally, my friend, really second mom, came over to meet Solana today. She pet Shayna (BP), but wouldn't pet Behira (BCI) or Figment (Corn). She did sit with and pet Frank (BTS). However, she helped hold Solana with Katie (Katie held her head and my second mom held her back half). The big snakes scare her. Her fear is they will squeeze her. However, she thinks Solana is adorable.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-05-2018),C.Marie (07-13-2018),richardhind1972 (07-04-2018)