Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,257

3 members and 3,254 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Looks great, Zina! Congrats on your new little friend!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aedryan Methyus For This Useful Post:

zina10 (03-29-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Re: Smeagol's new home..

Quote Originally Posted by Lirenn View Post
    You know, I bet you could design and sell decorated reptile enclosures.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I've seen some pictures of Viv's that put mine to shame ! LOL. But I think I did well with what I had on hand. Eventually I would like to go Bio Active, once he gets his permanent home ( a bit bigger then this one )

Thanks for the compliment
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks

That's gorgeous!!
    Leopold 1.0 Banana Ball Python
    Vaida 0.1 Super Mojave Ball Python
    Francis 1.0 Banana California Kingsnake
    Winston 1.0 Flame Crested Gecko
    BamBam 0.0.1 Chocolate Albino Leopard Gecko
    & Turtle, Frostbite, Thor, Loki, Oskhar, and Abby

5. The Following User Says Thank You to krampvs For This Useful Post:

zina10 (03-29-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Looks awesome Zina. Smeagol is stepping in tall cotton now.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

zina10 (03-30-2018)

Thanks

He still likes to hang out in his favorite corner. I love it because he is in full view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zina

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Reinz (03-30-2018),tttaylorrr (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    He still likes to hang out in his favorite corner. I love it because he is in full view
    happy friday, Smeagol!!!
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

zina10 (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,244 Times in 667 Posts

This Exo Terra cage is 12 inches wide and deep and 18 inches high. I think the Critter Keeper was 11 inches wide, 8 deep and 8 high or so ? It just made maintenance a nightmare.

After I put Smeagol into his new home he disappeared. I could literally not see him and I bet he liked that, haha. But...now he is out in the open, way up high in the left corner. Watching me. I wonder whether he is braver because he is "above" me? He never stayed out facing me like that, before.

I hope he will settle in quickly, I hate the thought of the small animals being terrified..

Oh, forgot to say, adults are usually kept in Exo Terras that are 18 inches wide and deep and 24 inches high. I didn't want to overwhelm him with a giant enclosure since he's been in really small ones up to now, though..
    that thing is DOPE!! Wow I kinda want to play in there it’s making me think Peter Pan and the lost Boys all the way!!!

the local folk told me this size cage is good forever. Hmmm I mean it is what it is. I started my guy in the same type.

Irs really a thing of art. Like look at that on your desk. How do you get anything done sitting there ???

ive always felt natural enclosures and aquariums are living breathing masterpieces I’d take one any day over some fancy painting. I get everyone has their own taste and animals need care but to me having stunning set ups makes it just jaw dropping.

ET says he feels mad ghetto in his minimal cage now... I guess I need some sprucing !!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phillydubs For This Useful Post:

zina10 (03-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    that thing is DOPE!! Wow I kinda want to play in there it’s making me think Peter Pan and the lost Boys all the way!!!

the local folk told me this size cage is good forever. Hmmm I mean it is what it is. I started my guy in the same type.

Irs really a thing of art. Like look at that on your desk. How do you get anything done sitting there ???

ive always felt natural enclosures and aquariums are living breathing masterpieces I’d take one any day over some fancy painting. I get everyone has their own taste and animals need care but to me having stunning set ups makes it just jaw dropping.

ET says he feels mad ghetto in his minimal cage now... I guess I need some sprucing !!!
    You should be a writer. You really have a gift, you always make me laugh

I've heard both, that this cage could be a forever home, and then some say the next size up is better.
    If you were to go "bio active" I suppose the next size up would be better. I've seen some jaw dropping bio active Viv's, it really is tempting to go that route, but then I have to find another spot for the tank, it won't fit on the desk anymore as it will need to be bigger and have a light.

For now I enjoy what I have, and you are so right, its living art!! My favorite kind I feel the same way about the snakes. If I could have had one of my beautiful Ball Pythons draped in a tree on my desk, I would go for that, haha. But I don't think they would be very happy with that.

This little Gecko dude seems perfectly happy there. Its not a "high stress" area, I usually just quietly sit here doing some work or sneaking on the forums throughout the day. And yes, I find myself staring at him, rather then doing much of anything else, haha. I just posted another thread and mentioned how difficult it is to get anything done when I could be watching him watching me instead

Setting up that tank was actually super easy. I got some ideas on forums, mainly the hanging coconut. I wanted a piece of wood that looked like a tree, so I took a chance and ordered driftwood on amazon. As well as that coconut and a couple of fake plants with suction cups, as well as some moss and a piece of cork bark. My luck that piece of drift wood did fit and after a bit of turning it around and around I found which position works best. So I put in substrate then the tree. After that I tucked in some wet moss here and there. The cork bark went into a corner as a "bottom hide" with some moss behind it. The coconut has rope from top and bottom of the ladder. I just fed the top rope out the lid and down the back of the tank. A suction cup holds it in place so its suspended. Then I draped the bottom rope around the driftwood. Some moss inside of the coconut. After that i simply stuck a plant on each side and draped the long pieces around the wood and along the sides of the tank. Added food ledges and DONE! 10 mins Tricky part is juts to find sticks or wood that fits, the rest is just playing around with it..

I'm glad ET is settling in so well for you. I'm always drooling over those super dalmations !!! They look STUNNING as adults !! Why don't I get Geckos for my birthday???
    Zina

Thanks
    Thanked 1,244 Times in 667 Posts

You should be a writer. You really have a gift, you always make me laugh

I've heard both, that this cage could be a forever home, and then some say the next size up is better.
    If you were to go "bio active" I suppose the next size up would be better. I've seen some jaw dropping bio active Viv's, it really is tempting to go that route, but then I have to find another spot for the tank, it won't fit on the desk anymore as it will need to be bigger and have a light.

For now I enjoy what I have, and you are so right, its living art!! My favorite kind I feel the same way about the snakes. If I could have had one of my beautiful Ball Pythons draped in a tree on my desk, I would go for that, haha. But I don't think they would be very happy with that.

This little Gecko dude seems perfectly happy there. Its not a "high stress" area, I usually just quietly sit here doing some work or sneaking on the forums throughout the day. And yes, I find myself staring at him, rather then doing much of anything else, haha. I just posted another thread and mentioned how difficult it is to get anything done when I could be watching him watching me instead

Setting up that tank was actually super easy. I got some ideas on forums, mainly the hanging coconut. I wanted a piece of wood that looked like a tree, so I took a chance and ordered driftwood on amazon. As well as that coconut and a couple of fake plants with suction cups, as well as some moss and a piece of cork bark. My luck that piece of drift wood did fit and after a bit of turning it around and around I found which position works best. So I put in substrate then the tree. After that I tucked in some wet moss here and there. The cork bark went into a corner as a "bottom hide" with some moss behind it. The coconut has rope from top and bottom of the ladder. I just fed the top rope out the lid and down the back of the tank. A suction cup holds it in place so its suspended. Then I draped the bottom rope around the driftwood. Some moss inside of the coconut. After that i simply stuck a plant on each side and draped the long pieces around the wood and along the sides of the tank. Added food ledges and DONE! 10 mins Tricky part is juts to find sticks or wood that fits, the rest is just playing around with it..

I'm glad ET is settling in so well for you. I'm always drooling over those super dalmations !!! They look STUNNING as adults !! Why don't I get Geckos for my birthday???
    That’s really nice and sweet of you. I do write at times and used to a lot more. I have wayyyy more time on my hands now and have a few burning ideas for children’s books and series and cartoons I want to do and create. Hey maybe one day I’ll sell something to nickoldoean or Disney and I’ll take you all on vacation! Or better yet build a zoo at my house and have everyone over for a big sleep over!!

You make it sound all easy breezy yea a little of this and that ten minutes later master piece. Uh huh uh huh riiiight. I just battled a piece of cork bark for ten min alone after your tank inspired me to make a ledge. I think two more suction plants and maybe a space ship and ET will have a nice home. Maybe I’ll get fake Reese’s pieces and make a trail around the glass cause we all know ET gobbles those Reese’s!!!

I have to say although taken back and stressed at first. What a damn cool bday gift from someone I never met lol. Maybe my writing is getting me places !!! Hahah

Yea I started googling and ooooogling these Dalmatians. I mean this dude could have sent me some normal run of the mill gecko and it would have been hella cool. This guy sent me something that could be a dang STUNNA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1.0 - Cinnamon Banana Ball Python (Thunder)
    1.0 - Yellow Belly High White Pied Ball Python (Pretty Fly For A White Guy)
    0.1 - Cinnamon GHI Ball Python (Leslie Snipes)
    1.0 - Dumerils Boa (Sushi)
    0.1 - Caye Caulker Boa (Lady Liberty)
    0.0.? - Mandarin Rat Snake (Bumble)
    1.0 - Mexican Black King (Rico Suave)
    1.0 - Black Tail Cribo (Goldar)
    0.1 - Jaguar Carpet Python (Cookie)
    1.0 - Vietnamese Blue Beauty (Elsa)
    1.0 - Green Tree Python (Banner)
    0.2 - Yellow/Quince Monitors (Blanche & Dorothy)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phillydubs For This Useful Post:

zina10 (03-30-2018)

Thanks
    I take that vacation, LOL !!!

Take your time with the tank and have fun with it Rome wasn't built in one day, either, haha.

Look at those Dalmations, gorgeous, aren't they?

pictures not mine, taken off the net..

and here is Smeagol, keeping his eye on me to make sure I'm not gonna stick him into that stinkin' Deli cup anymore...lol

Zina

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (03-30-2018)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast