Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,379

4 members and 3,375 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuddle Puddle

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Cuddle Puddle

Quote Originally Posted by Lirenn View Post
    So if they are all pooled in the corners instead of in the hides, does that mean the center of the tank is too warm?
    everything is most likely "too ____" whether too hot, too cold, too arid, too filthy. my guesses are: it is likely hot and unregulated, so they go to the corners; or, since i'm sure the hides are either taken or inadequate, they squish themselves into the corner so at least two sides are "protected".

it's good you posted this so we could help you understand the circumstances and you could learn. TBH the majority of the forum is very anti-pet store, but we do not denigrate against anyone who does get a snake from a pet store.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (01-31-2018),Lirenn (02-01-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lirenn View Post
    This is actually not my snake, but something cute I saw at Petco recently. A baby ball cuddle puddle!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Why don't we go to these pet stores and educate them on proper care? I'm sure they would appreciate it. I always see comments on how bad the conditions are at pet stores. If they are educated maybe they will change their ways. If not can't the SPCA or somebody do something about this?
    0.1 Female Normal
    0.1 Lab mix

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    TBH the majority of the forum is very anti-pet store, but we do not denigrate against anyone who does get a snake from a pet store.
    To clarify, I am indeed anti-big box store. However, I am very much understanding of people getting their animals from big box stores. More often than not, they simply dont know any better. They put their trust in these stores, which is where my problem with these stores lies. People go into these stores trusting the word of the employees and following the example they see in the stores. However, the stores keep their animals in dangerously inadequate setups and only give the consumers the info they need to make sales. What infuriates me is that the info is out there, at our fingertips. I feel the stores should be held responsible and accountable for the information they provide and should be required by law to follow proper husbandry guidelines. The condition some of these animals are in is heartbreaking and should be criminal. These are living creatures!!!!
    In my opinion, it is the corporation's responsibility to hire and properly train and educate each and every employee on proper care of the animals. This clearly doesn't happen and they should be ashamed of themselves.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 01-31-2018 at 11:10 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (01-31-2018),Kira (01-31-2018)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie39 View Post
    Why don't we go to these pet stores and educate them on proper care? I'm sure they would appreciate it. I always see comments on how bad the conditions are at pet stores. If they are educated maybe they will change their ways. If not can't the SPCA or somebody do something about this?
    @Aerries, one of our members just made tremendous headway at his local big box store. It's a matter of time and diligence. I've tried on numerous occasions to educate my local stores. They seem bothered when i try.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Aerries (01-31-2018),CALM Pythons (01-31-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    @Aerries, one of our members just made tremendous headway at his local big box store. It's a matter of time and diligence. I've tried on numerous occasions to educate my local stores. They seem bothered when i try.
    here's their thread on the topic.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

If they are not interested in learning that's on them and they should be stopped from selling pythons
    0.1 Female Normal
    0.1 Lab mix

Banned
    Thanks

If they are not interested in learning that's on them and they should be stopped from selling pythons
    Trust me, I wish it was that easy

Thanks

Thank you for you commendation on me, but like you said it’s about being diligent in our efforts and I’m just one person in a big city BUT Rome wasn’t built in a day but it eventually built right?. Persistence is key, it takes a community that is passionate about something and this, this community here on BP.net is one. And truly it was a collective effort between myself of other on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerries For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (01-31-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aerries View Post
    Thank you for you commendation on me, but like you said it’s about being diligent in our efforts and I’m just one person in a big city BUT Rome wasn’t built in a day but it eventually built right?. Persistence is key, it takes a community that is passionate about something and this, this community here on BP.net is one. And truly it was a collective effort between myself of other on her.

Great work. I do remember this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0.1 Female Normal
    0.1 Lab mix

BPnet Senior Member Hannahshissyfix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 619 Posts

The Big box stores dont care about learning proper husbandry, they care about sales. About a year ago I shared pictures of the dehydrated and emaciated skeleton of a hatchling my local petco had for sale. I wasted hours sending emails and making calls to anyone I thought should care. I even stood there and politely explained to the employee how they could fix the husbandry issues. Nothing changed. I even begged them to simply let me rehab the baby before offering it for sale and they didnt care because their "vet" saw it and said all was fine. Im sure it died and was just a $10 product write off in their books.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast