Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,372

0 members and 3,372 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Online breeders?

I am looking for a reputable online breeder to do business with. I am looking for a breeding size male and female Mojave. I will be ordering a rack system on the 1st. What is a good price to pay for the pair? I have seen ranges but want to know what is fair to pay.

Also is there a website for people to trade for breeding and getting new genetic lines?
    Last edited by Skyrivers; 01-22-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    MorphMarket.com is your friend.

always do research on the breeder, specifically check the Fauna Classified Board of Inquiry which is invaluable to this hobby.

however, before you bite off more than you can chew, i say you should spend time focusing on the snakes you currently have. you've still got a lot to learn about this hobby and keeping in general.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 01-22-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Alicia (01-22-2018),CALM Pythons (01-22-2018),Kira (01-22-2018),MissterDog (01-23-2018),NPE76 (01-22-2018),Stewart_Reptiles (01-22-2018),Sunnieskys (02-02-2018)

Thanks

Re: Online breeders?

Check out morphmarket

https://www.morphmarket.com/us/searc...x=&min_genes=0

Looks like proven female are going for 300 and up. Males from 100 up.

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post

always do research on the breeder, specifically check the Fauna Classified Board of Inquiry which is invaluable to this hobby.

however, before you bite off more than you can chew, i say you should spend time focusing on the snakes you currently have. you've still got a lot to learn about this hobby and keeping in general.
    Tttaylorrr is right. Don't rush into anything.

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post

I was going to a rack system regardless and think will help with my husbandry issues some. At best I am about a year or so from taking on breeding. Just trying to get an education.

Thanks

Also not mentioned, Kingsnake.com, Faunaclassifieds, fb groups, and local and hobbyist breeders and there's even a for sale section here. Just remember that you have options and be smart with your money.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MD_Pythons For This Useful Post:

KevinK (01-22-2018)

Thanks

MD said what I was thinking, and hit every point.

Kingsnake.com still has deals but MorphMarket kind of left it in the dust with better web design.

Recently I've found what I was looking for on Facebook groups and MorphMarket.
    Last edited by KevinK; 01-22-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks
    Also, don't look into any type of "breeding loans" etc... Usually these don't work out well unless you really know the person and get everything written up in a contract first.

You may want to consider purchasing juvie animals as well... Getting adult breeders will decrease the time you have to wait to breed but there are trade-offs... They may be getting rid of a "proven breeder" because it isn't performing as well, has health problems, etc. They could just be selling an animal when they have a more expensive one to replace it, but you never know.

Also, starting with a juvie, you will spend less upfront, this will be made up with the cost of feeding it, but often you can have a wider selection of animals to choose from and you can possibly pay more $$ and get a higher quality baby for the same price you'd pay for a lower-quality adult of the same morph.

I would agree with the others that you will want to do lots of research before hand.. Make sure that you want to work with mojave and have plans for the future. Mojave is a simple co-dom gene and is not worth much as a single gene animal. Yes, producing a BEL will sell for more, but there will be normals and mojaves produced in the same clutch, so you need to be prepared to feed and care for them all until they can be sold.

Morphmarket, faunaclassifieds, and kingsnake are good places to go. Some fo the FB ball python groups also allow sales, so you can post there too. Just do a BOI search on any potential seller you are thinking about dealing with. There are a lot of scammers out there.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    Also, don't look into any type of "breeding loans" etc... Usually these don't work out well unless you really know the person and get everything written up in a contract first.

You may want to consider purchasing juvie animals as well... Getting adult breeders will decrease the time you have to wait to breed but there are trade-offs... They may be getting rid of a "proven breeder" because it isn't performing as well, has health problems, etc. They could just be selling an animal when they have a more expensive one to replace it, but you never know.

Also, starting with a juvie, you will spend less upfront, this will be made up with the cost of feeding it, but often you can have a wider selection of animals to choose from and you can possibly pay more $$ and get a higher quality baby for the same price you'd pay for a lower-quality adult of the same morph.

I would agree with the others that you will want to do lots of research before hand.. Make sure that you want to work with mojave and have plans for the future. Mojave is a simple co-dom gene and is not worth much as a single gene animal. Yes, producing a BEL will sell for more, but there will be normals and mojaves produced in the same clutch, so you need to be prepared to feed and care for them all until they can be sold.

Morphmarket, faunaclassifieds, and kingsnake are good places to go. Some fo the FB ball python groups also allow sales, so you can post there too. Just do a BOI search on any potential seller you are thinking about dealing with. There are a lot of scammers out there.
    When it comes to breeding and you get normal or less desired morphs, what do most people do with the ones that don't sell. I know if you breed every year this can get quite crazy. I would feel justly so obligated to keep them and care for them, but there has to be people looking for normal as well?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    I would feel justly so obligated to keep them and care for them, but there has to be people looking for normal as well?
    you'd be surprised. the market for a normal is entirely too saturated with not enough interest. most people encourage breeding pairs that will not produce normals for this reason: they don't sell.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (01-22-2018),Craiga 01453 (01-23-2018)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast