Hello everyone! My name is Kaitlyn and I am a very recent first time snake owner! I purchased my first BP on December 4th from a local Petsmart store which I know people find questionable sometimes, but the one I go to is filled with caring & knowledgeable people who take care of their animals, and I'd never buy from a place that I knew did not take care of their animals.

Of course the downsides of this is I have no idea how old exactly my BP or its gender, though I can infer it is young as it's quite small. I've named my BP Augustus at the moment, and can always change it to Agusta should it turn out female. Only time will tell, as I don't want to take any risks trying to "pop" so to speak, to find out. Either way it doesn't really matter to me as I have no plans of ever really getting into breeding as I am already invested in Budgie breeding. ^_^

Here is a blurry picture of him since my phone didn't want to cooperate at the time. I was told at the time of his purchase, as well as learned from just handling him, is that he is quite a friendly and sociable snake! He actually just finished shedding for the first time for me which was quite the experience for me, he ended up needing assistance but it didn't take long to get all the shed. He just has an eye cap still on him but from what I've seen, the best course is to leave it and it will either come off on its own from proper husbandry or it will come off the next shed.

So far everything has gone good for my new BP, now I just need to get him to eat! He is on (frozen) mouse fuzzies at the moment since that was what he was on at the store and I have been warned he likes to not eat some weeks, but this sounds just like any other BP. Plus since he was going into a shed when I got him, I think he just needs to get comfy again and I think he'll start eating again.