Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,353

1 members and 3,352 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

"scares" on Halloween

so this Halloween i decided two lucky groups of trick-or-treaters were going to get to see Yellow wrapped around me while i passed out candy (i picked these groups by being a creep and staring out the window).

first group was two adults and their very tiny young child. the parents weren't sure what to think, tho weren't really put off.

second group was of about five 10-year-olds or so (i suck at child ages). they literally didn't think he was real! he was slowly checking things out and sniffing, but they didn't think he was real!!! my mother was so excited (she "hates" my snakes) and said "he's real! touch him!!!" and she proceeded to pet him. i told all the kids not to touch his head and they were all very gentle and curious and pet his body. one kid in a creepy clown costume came up after all this and decided to pet Yellow. once the kid touched Yellow, Yellow slooowly turned to face the kid and check him out. the kid was slightly put off but it was awesome!!! my mom would pet him too and say how nice he was; that was new for her.

after this group, he was put away for being such a good sport.

this was so fun!!! i only wanted to do this with one group because of the cold, but i was the only one available when the doorbell rang before i could put Yellow away. if i could change even one mind tonight, it was worth it.

getting spooked is what Halloween is all about right?!??
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (11-01-2017),Kcl (11-01-2017),Timelugia (11-01-2017),wolfy-hound (11-01-2017)

Thanks

Re: "scares" on Halloween

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    so this Halloween i decided two lucky groups of trick-or-treaters were going to get to see Yellow wrapped around me while i passed out candy (i picked these groups by being a creep and staring out the window).

first group was two adults and their very tiny young child. the parents weren't sure what to think, tho weren't really put off.

second group was of about five 10-year-olds or so (i suck at child ages). they literally didn't think he was real! he was slowly checking things out and sniffing, but they didn't think he was real!!! my mother was so excited (she "hates" my snakes) and said "he's real! touch him!!!" and she proceeded to pet him. i told all the kids not to touch his head and they were all very gentle and curious and pet his body. one kid in a creepy clown costume came up after all this and decided to pet Yellow. once the kid touched Yellow, Yellow slooowly turned to face the kid and check him out. the kid was slightly put off but it was awesome!!! my mom would pet him too and say how nice he was; that was new for her.

after this group, he was put away for being such a good sport.

this was so fun!!! i only wanted to do this with one group because of the cold, but i was the only one available when the doorbell rang before i could put Yellow away. if i could change even one mind tonight, it was worth it.

getting spooked is what Halloween is all about right?!??
    Lol. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0.1 Female Normal
    0.1 Lab mix

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Newbie39 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (10-31-2017)

Thanks

Omg I totally wanted to wear Jeffree as an accessory to hand out candy today but I decided to sit outside and I was even freezing which I'm never cold so Jeffree would have literally died! And did you dress up?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to omglolchrisss For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (11-01-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by omglolchrisss View Post
    Omg I totally wanted to wear Jeffree as an accessory to hand out candy today but I decided to sit outside and I was even freezing which I'm never cold so Jeffree would have literally died! And did you dress up?

nah, i was cooking during all the festivities so i was just dressed in black.

it really was fun. i knew i didn't want to try it with older kids as they're typically jerks so i was able to "pick" the perfect groups. they were all so nice, curious and respectful.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    nah, i was cooking during all the festivities so i was just dressed in black.

it really was fun. i knew i didn't want to try it with older kids as they're typically jerks so i was able to "pick" the perfect groups. they were all so nice, curious and respectful.
    Thats awesome and yeah older kids are jerks we had quite a few 16-17 year olds I personally think that's a tad old to be trick or treating last time I did it I was 14 but at least their getting candy and not causing trouble so I was happy lol the highlight of the night was when I saw a kid wearing a knight armor chest piece with hulk hands lmfao I literally died! Also there was a female Harry Potter Lmao

Thanks

Thats awesome and yeah older kids are jerks we had quite a few 16-17 year olds I personally think that's a tad old to be trick or treating last time I did it I was 14 but at least their getting candy and not causing trouble so I was happy lol the highlight of the night was when I saw a kid wearing a knight armor chest piece with hulk hands lmfao I literally died! Also there was a female Harry Potter Lmao

we don't get too many kids at my house so i didn't see anything too crazy. i was just happy to see the adults get so dressed up to go out with their kids lol.

i live in the back of a neighborhood that's one way in, one way out so all the kids go to the front houses and skip us. ):
    4.4 ball python

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

My seven year old went out as a vampire with an eyepatch, pirate bandana, ninja armor and a battle axe. Certainly creative.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pezz For This Useful Post:

omglolchrisss (11-01-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
    My seven year old went out as a vampire with an eyepatch, pirate bandana, ninja armor and a battle axe. Certainly creative.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk
    That's effing awesome!!

BPnet Veteran BallPythonWannaBe's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw a few witches from Hogwarts and some other costumes before I holed up inside with my porch light turned off to eat candy and watch Halloween movies lol
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"
    -J.K Rowling Sorcerer's Stone
    Long time no see, back at it again in my white vans.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BallPythonWannaBe View Post
    I saw a few witches from Hogwarts and some other costumes before I holed up inside with my porch light turned off to eat candy and watch Halloween movies lol
    good choice! LOL.
    4.4 ball python

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast