Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,384

1 members and 3,383 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Update on the noodle

Okay! Update on the redo of the tank. She's on paper towels, nice and clean, got a new UTH, the thermostat is installed, I invested in thermometers for both the warm and cool sides of the tank, and I found a vet that treats Ball pythons in my area- I'm making an appointment and hopefully taking her in today or on Saturday.

Also, it turns out that my old UTH had badly malfunctioned. Really glad that I replaced it now. Yikes.
    She's much happier now, and has perked up now that she's being kept at the right temperature and had a snack.

This is her current setup for her recovery, my next step (Besides the vet) is putting a backing on the back and sides of the tank so she has more privacy. That should be done later today!

Thank you guys for your help thus far, Basilisk will be a much happier noodle soon

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MinoBeri For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (10-19-2017),hilabeans (10-19-2017),MD_Pythons (10-20-2017),tttaylorrr (10-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Update on the noodle

Quote Originally Posted by MinoBeri View Post
    Okay! Update on the redo of the tank. She's on paper towels, nice and clean, got a new UTH, the thermostat is installed, I invested in thermometers for both the warm and cool sides of the tank, and I found a vet that treats Ball pythons in my area- I'm making an appointment and hopefully taking her in today or on Saturday.

Also, it turns out that my old UTH had badly malfunctioned. Really glad that I replaced it now. Yikes.
    She's much happier now, and has perked up now that she's being kept at the right temperature and had a snack.

This is her current setup for her recovery, my next step (Besides the vet) is putting a backing on the back and sides of the tank so she has more privacy. That should be done later today!

Thank you guys for your help thus far, Basilisk will be a much happier noodle soon
    so so so so proud of you. you're obviously dedicated to your baby and seeing your changes makes me happy.

is this a temporary setup? beeps like to have two identical hides so they can regulate at ease and not have to choose security over regulation.

you're well on your way. keep the updates coming.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

MinoBeri (10-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Getting the husbandry correct takes some investment, time and tinkering... it seems like a bunch of work at first. once your setup is good (temperature control, humidity control, hiding spots, feeding, etc.). then it becomes like clockwork and caring for the snake is easy.

You've come to the right place. Your homework is to read through the Husbandry section of the forum for 20 minutes daily, minimum. I leaned a ginormous amount reading pages and pages from the husbandry forum section.
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 10-19-2017 at 08:43 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

MinoBeri (10-21-2017),PokeyTheNinja (11-01-2017)

Thanks

Re: Help, I think my snake is burning herself!??

Good job.
    0.1 Female Normal
    0.1 Lab mix

Thanks

Talking Update on the noodle

Yep, this is a temporary setup. She'll be getting a bigger tank in the next year or so, and a second hide in the next couple weeks. I did my research right this time, and I'm gonna use this site to make sure I'm doing the best I possible can to keep her healthy and happy!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MinoBeri For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (10-19-2017),wolfy-hound (10-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Update on the noodle

Quote Originally Posted by MinoBeri View Post
    Yep, this is a temporary setup. She'll be getting a bigger tank in the next year or so, and a second hide in the next couple weeks. I did my research right this time, and I'm gonna use this site to make sure I'm doing the best I possible can to keep her healthy and happy!
    you've done amazing already. keep reading up, PLEASE ask questions, and keep us posted on both of your progress.

we're here for you both.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Way too go! Man, if I hadn’t found this place, I would have one unhappy beep on my hands! Research is sooo important, and there’s nowhere better to learn than here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ball Pythons

1.0 Normal (Fírnen)

Wishlist
    Pokigron Suriname BCC
    Mexican Black Kingsnake

Thanks

Another noodle update

I booked a vet appointment, sadly the soonest they could see me was next week on Friday..but i'm keeping the paper towels clean and making sure that they are switched out frequently, and spraying her burn with Vetericyn twice a day.

Does Vetericyn work effectively? It was recommended to me by another snake owner, and he said it keeps bacteria out of the wound? But I don't think it's doing much
    (It's only been a week tho)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,867 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Vetericyn is an antiseptic that works well on snakes because unlike Triple or Neosporin it's a water-based gel rather than a petroleum-based ointment. The ointments can cause scales to slough off.

You can get silvadine online at https://www.mountainside-medical.com/ without a prescription and it will likely show up before the vet appointment if you order tonight. It will be cheaper from there than from the vet as well.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (10-21-2017),MinoBeri (10-21-2017),PokeyTheNinja (11-01-2017)

Thanks

Great job! Keep us updated on the recovery!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast