Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,402

1 members and 3,401 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

I get having fears but this is just... WOW

My dad has a nurse coming in 5 days a week to make sure he's kept clean fingernails trimmed etc it wasn't his usual nurse it was a fill in replacement. As soon as she saw my bp jeffrees tank and found out there was a snake in there she bolted out of here in a very rude way saying "I have to go I'm gonna tell them not to send me here again I didn't know there was a snake here blah blah blah" at first I didn't say anything because I thought she was kidding. But I did let her have it! I get having fears I'm terrified of spiders but wouldn't react that way to a spider locked in a tank. His usual nurse is scared of snakes she never reacted that way. My mom is scared of snakes she still comes here and doesn't react like that unless I took him out which I would never do to someone! Oh and also jeffree was in his hide so it's not like she could even see him..

Anyways rant over has anyone else ever had a situation similar to this happen? And how could anyone be scared of this face?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by omglolchrisss; 10-25-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks

Re: I get having fears but this is just... WOW

Don't judge too harshly. Most fears are pretty irrational - and therefore difficult to control. A lot of people also react badly to being startled or surprised by something they're afraid of. She might have acted differently had she known.

I've been very good about keeping my snakes in places where people cant see them unless they absolutely want to see them. I understand being afraid of things - because no, I would NOT like to be exposed to a spider even in a cage. I'm terrified of them. Completely irrationally, I know they do more harm than good, etc... but I don't want to be surprised by one for sure!

Be respectful of people and their fears, and you'll be surprised with how many people will return that respect to you and your animals.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (10-25-2017),Alicia (10-25-2017),Godzilla78 (10-25-2017),JodanOrNoDan (10-25-2017),omglolchrisss (10-25-2017),tttaylorrr (10-25-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    that nurse had a job to do and a duty to ensure the patient is cared for. the fact that she just LEFT without doing her duties is a testament to her compassion as a nurse...there's a reason she was probably just a replacement.

thankfully i've never had an experience like that. i've gotten lots of wide-eyed stares and dumb questions, but never outright vitriol or someone literally too scared to be in the same room/house.

that's good you stood up for yourself, and hopefully you stood up for your father too.

ignorance. ignorance everywhere.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

DLena (10-29-2017),dylan815 (10-25-2017),omglolchrisss (10-25-2017),Sunnieskys (10-25-2017)

Thanks

Yup, a few of my wife's "friends" will no longer come over at night. The snakes are in their own rooms (enclosure room and seperate qt room) but i do my handling at night when i get off work. One screamed and ran out of the house when she came in. I had Clyde around my neck while i was making coffee. Absolutely hilarious because Clyde is my calmest, he's the one I let kids (under my supervision) hold. Oh also jeffree has an adorable snoot.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pezz For This Useful Post:

omglolchrisss (10-25-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
    One screamed and ran out of the house when she came in. I had Clyde around my neck while i was making coffee.
    honestly, if this ever happened to me i'd probably break down and cry. the rejection of something i love – on top of me causing someone to be so scared – would be too much for me.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

omglolchrisss (10-25-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    honestly, if this ever happened to me i'd probably break down and cry. the rejection of something i love – on top of me causing someone to be so scared – would be too much for me.
    I had no idea she was coming over and it serves her right for walking into my house without even knocking. I'm kind of an unrepentent jerk so i just laughed about it. If I knew she was coming by I would have waited until after her visit.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pezz; 10-25-2017 at 11:06 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pezz For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (10-25-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Just sounds rather unprofessional to me to be honest ESPECIALLY as she was there to care for somebody !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

omglolchrisss (10-25-2017),Sunnieskys (10-25-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    Don't judge too harshly. Most fears are pretty irrational - and therefore difficult to control. A lot of people also react badly to being startled or surprised by something they're afraid of. She might have acted differently had she known.

I've been very good about keeping my snakes in places where people cant see them unless they absolutely want to see them. I understand being afraid of things - because no, I would NOT like to be exposed to a spider even in a cage. I'm terrified of them. Completely irrationally, I know they do more harm than good, etc... but I don't want to be surprised by one for sure!

Be respectful of people and their fears, and you'll be surprised with how many people will return that respect to you and your animals.
    Before she even saw the tank she was giving off the vibe she didn't wanna be here so as far as im concerned it was an excuse also when you have a job that you're paid for that takes you in people's homes you do your job also her job takes place in my bathroom not the living room so she didn't even have to see the tank.. Also before they even started coming to do home care they asked me to LIST ALL MY PETS in case of allergies etc and I listed the snake because I know not everyone is cool with snakes

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    that nurse had a job to do and a duty to ensure the patient is cared for. the fact that she just LEFT without doing her duties is a testament to her compassion as a nurse...there's a reason she was probably just a replacement.

thankfully i've never had an experience like that. i've gotten lots of wide-eyed stares and dumb questions, but never outright vitriol or someone literally too scared to be in the same room/house.

that's good you stood up for yourself, and hopefully you stood up for your father too.

ignorance. ignorance everywhere.
    I definitely did stand up for my dad I said so "so he has to go without the care he needs because your afraid of a tank" I say tank because jeffree was nowhere in sight haha

Quote Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
    Yup, a few of my wife's "friends" will no longer come over at night. The snakes are in their own rooms (enclosure room and seperate qt room) but i do my handling at night when i get off work. One screamed and ran out of the house when she came in. I had Clyde around my neck while i was making coffee. Absolutely hilarious because Clyde is my calmest, he's the one I let kids (under my supervision) hold. Oh also jeffree has an adorable snoot.
    Lmao that's hilarious Clyde was just trying to learn to make coffee he wants to be a barrista one day at Starbucks haha and I love jeffrees snoot.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to omglolchrisss For This Useful Post:

Sunnieskys (10-25-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Just sounds rather unprofessional to me to be honest ESPECIALLY as she was there to care for somebody !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Exactly!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to omglolchrisss For This Useful Post:

Sunnieskys (10-25-2017)

Thanks

She was a nurse and should have completed her job. Her job is to visit houses and treat patients.

The snake was in his enclosure and in hide. she should have completed her task. She probably is more at risk to a dog attack at house then a hidden snake attack.
    0.1 Female Normal
    0.1 Lab mix

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newbie39 For This Useful Post:

omglolchrisss (10-25-2017),Sunnieskys (10-25-2017)

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast