Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,773

2 members and 3,771 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts
    There's no real danger to the snake if you do want to move for feeding, for whatever reason. Some of my animals are more skittish than others. I have 1 snake that will regurgitate if there's simply too much human activity in the room. This snake would be a good poster child for the anti feeding bin people but he's more of an exception than the rule. He gets fed a couple days before the rest of my animals, when there's generally the least amount of spot cleaning required, so he doesn't get too disturbed. Most of my snakes can be picked up and moved, if gently, even while eating and they wouldn't skip a beat. Heck, I have plenty I could probably juggle and they wouldn't relinquish their precious meals.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John1982 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-08-2017),DLena (08-08-2017),JodanOrNoDan (08-08-2017),Sonny1318 (08-24-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: feeding in a feeding tub causes organ damage and kills snakes?

Quote Originally Posted by John1982 View Post
    Heck, I have plenty I could probably juggle and they wouldn't relinquish their precious meals.

I literally chuckled out loud at the thought of this, then I realized, somewhere out there, there's probably an idiot trying to juggle snakes...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

DLena (08-08-2017),JodanOrNoDan (08-08-2017),the_rotten1 (08-09-2017)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    I literally chuckled out loud at the thought of this, then I realized, somewhere out there, there's probably an idiot trying to juggle snakes...
    I have come close to accidentally juggling them. I have a couple that will, without fail, strike and wrap while hanging half-way out of the tub. The juggling happens when trying to catch said snake with rat attached when the strike was a little too enthusiastic. Then I have others... must be a full moon, raining, with the wind out out of the east before they will eat anything. I am exaggerating a little of course, but such extreme behavioral differences in a single species always amazes me.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Timelugia (08-08-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    I have come close to accidentally juggling them. I have a couple that will, without fail, strike and wrap while hanging half-way out of the tub. The juggling happens when trying to catch said snake with rat attached when the strike was a little too enthusiastic. Then I have others... must be a full moon, raining, with the wind out out of the east before they will eat anything. I am exaggerating a little of course, but such extreme behavioral differences in a single species always amazes me.

Ok, now I'm chuckling picturing you (despite having no clue what you actually look like, hahahaha) juggling snakes with rats hanging out of their mouths!!!
    I had a rough morning at work, this made my day better. Thanks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Timelugia (08-08-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I've had to catch quite a few of my happy campers from their strikes right out the door. I've never had one let go. If anything, they hang on tighter. Don't you just gotta love them!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DLena For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (08-08-2017)

Thanks

Ok, now I'm chuckling picturing you (despite having no clue what you actually look like, hahahaha) juggling snakes with rats hanging out of their mouths!!!
    I had a rough morning at work, this made my day better. Thanks!
    Yeah, it would even be funnier if you saw it in person. Picture an old, bald, short redneck dressed like Jimmy Buffet with a beer in one hand and feeding tongs in another. I am the poster child for a don't try this at home video.
    Last edited by JodanOrNoDan; 08-08-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Yeah, it would even be funnier if you saw it in person. Picture an old, bald, short redneck dressed like Jimmy Buffet with a beer in one hand and feeding tongs in another. I am the poster child for a don't try this at home video.
    Probably why we get along!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

LOL
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Probably why we get along!
    Yeah, I'm one of those odd people that is forced to wear multiple faces. At home I can be super relaxed and just be myself. At work, I have to somewhat presentable and act like a professional (keyword is act). When I compete at kendo, military mode kicks back in and I have to convince myself I am only half as old as I am. My family is only a generation out of the coal mines. Backwoods values run deep.

Banned
    Thanks

Yeah, I'm one of those odd people that is forced to wear multiple faces. At home I can be super relaxed and just be myself. At work, I have to somewhat presentable and act like a professional (keyword is act). When I compete at kendo, military mode kicks back in and I have to convince myself I am only half as old as I am. My family is only a generation out of the coal mines. Backwoods values run deep.

I always used to say "I wear a mask" when I was working at the country club. I had to present myself as a good, prim and proper young man while at work, but was back to the fun-loving idiot goofball that I really am. Since leaving the CC and moving to the kitchen a few years back I can be myself more since I'm not in the customers view, but still have to keep it in check and be the adult in the room, being management and all...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast