Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,259

3 members and 3,256 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,576
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
    Thanks

Why did you want to get a BP?

Random question, but just wondering.

How did you guys get into snakes, and why did you want one?

I wanted one because they seemed like such amazing creatures and I wanted to be able to observe one and watch one for myself. And also I think they're just cute.

Oh and I also wanted to get one because I hate how some people are afraid of snakes, and I want to show them that snakes aren't that scary and they can actually make great pets.

Thanks

Re: Why did you want to get a BP?

Quote Originally Posted by Asami View Post
    Random question, but just wondering.

How did you guys get into snakes, and why did you want one?

I wanted one because they seemed like such amazing creatures and I wanted to be able to observe one and watch one for myself. And also I think they're just cute.

Oh and I also wanted to get one because I hate how some people are afraid of snakes, and I want to show them that snakes aren't that scary and they can actually make great pets.
    Mostly because i have always loved snakes and when i saw how bp had puppy faces i just knew that had to be my first snake lol they are too cute not to have one, and i totally agree with you, i love to show people how a snake is not gonna jump and eat them like they might think, especially my little sister, she now loves even my tarantula! Lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Thanks

To be honest I didn't... For the longest time when I was younger I wanted to get a bearded dragon, largely because I thought it'd be like owning a miniature dinosaur... I mean, wouldn't that be awesome? Anyway, they never let me because we used to go away quite frequently and we didn't have someone to look after a lizard. Eventually, after asking far too many times, my dad, who is actually afraid of snakes, suggested we compromise and get a ball python instead because they can be left alone. I said okay and have never looked back. I'm honestly glad I ended up with a ball python instead. Ball pythons are awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

i moved to my own place for the first time at 23 and was incredibly lonely (anxiety, depression, etc.). i worked so much that a cat/dog was out of the question, so i ended up googling pets you can leave alone.

when i was 22, during my last year of college, i held my first snake - a normal female beep - and i fell in love. during my googling i remembered snakes, i found this forum, i learned, i bought Yellow and the rest is history.

in hindsight Yellow was an impulse purchase, but i'm so lucky i found pets and a hobby that i love so much. i try so hard to convince others how wonderful these pets can be. i got lucky on an impulse buy, but i'm so so thankful i found this hobby and the amazing community behind it.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 04-06-2017 at 09:33 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-07-2017),kxr (04-06-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Animal in need. Mild interest. No need for special lighting. Came with supplies. Free.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thanks
    because when I was little, I wanted one. my dad would only let me have a hamster ( snake food), close enough. when I was grown, I spent 22yrs driving trucks, never had time. now im older, and on SSDI, with nothing else to do. I have time, and can do what I want. so, I got one. actually, had a few and one red tail boa. but, got a baby spider ball the other day.
    ball pythons are cool. I like how their heads are shaped. unlike corn snakes, and whatever, that look like pugs, with those flat faces.
    Last edited by SPIDERBALL; 04-08-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    0.1.0 Lemon Blast 2018 CV Exotics
    1.0.0 Kingpin 2018 CV Exotics

Thanks

Wink

Snakes have been my favorite animal for most of my life, so I was so excited for the chance to have one. My mother in law actually found her via CraigsList and showed us, thinking it would freak us out and disgust us. My significant other knew I loved snakes and figured why not rescue her as our first pet together. Now his mom has vowed never to visit us. Haha. It's a little sad, but we're hoping she'll get over it eventually. I'm actually highly allergic to furry animals, so a reptile is perfect. My life is too busy to feed/water/walk anything multiple times a day too, so a low-maintenance ball python has been perfect. As long as we just keep an eye on husbandry, it's all good. They're quiet, there's no strong smell like with dogs/cats/rodents, feeding them is fairly cheap, it's great.
    ������