Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,193

0 members and 3,193 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Neglected bp

Threaded View

Thanks

Neglected bp

In my high school, a biology teacher has several animals in his class room, all of which are not being properly cared for. The one that worries me the most is a female bp of around 3 feet. She is in a cage(too small for her) without any type of hides, only a water bowl and an uth MINI size, which is barely anything for her, because everytime i pick her up 90% of her body is ice cold and only a little bit is warm. That room gets very cold even for warm blooded students with jackets. The teacher doesnt feed her properly, because everytime i ask him when she last ate, he tells me he forgot, and that she is due to eat soon, but i ask again and he says the same thing. The snake has issues while shedding, and i usually go to the classroom during my lunch so i can spray her a little and help her remove parts of the shed because i cant soak her for an hour like i would to one of my bp. I ha e cleaned her cage a couple times because its dirty and the substrate is old. She is going to shed soon again because i saw her belly yesterday (pink) and i will be bringing a rat on monday for her because im worried about when was the last time she ate. This makes me angry because its just a sweet snake, eventhough its hungry and neglected she is very docile. I just wanted to share this with you guys because i dont know anybody else who would care, they will just say its a "dumb snake". I actually almost fought another guy because he was hitting the glass tank to make the snake move and he was yelling at the poor snake who was just balled up in there. I told the teacher all of the flaws in the husbandry of the snake and he says "nah, she's fine" "if i put a hide in there then no one could see it" "its ok, she can go without food for long periods"(thats true but you still have to offer food!!) I think that if your not willing to get everything for a snake to be comfy then you souldnt have one (Im not saying my husbandry is perfect, if you seen my other posts you know im working on it in order to get it just right) in the class there is also a gecko without any type of heat, a tarantula without a hide thats gets harrased by students (cage picked up and shaken) fish, and a turtle living in dirty water, and the teacher just got a frog this week

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gc99 For This Useful Post:

BeelzeBall. (02-18-2017),Slither Seeker (02-17-2017)