Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 699

1 members and 698 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,585
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, masdiprizio
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Yeah, it's not the worst kink, but it's in a terrible place. If it were lower down, I think he'd have no problem? As it is, he needs help getting his sheds started, and I had to switch to a shallower water bowl because he got stuck in his while trying to take a drink. I don't think he'd make it in the wild. I'm not even sure he would have successfully pipped if I hadn't cut his egg the day before.

My current plan is to assist feed f/t pinkies. I'm still worried he'll choke or even snap his neck when he tries to swallow. And he has a hard time with striking--he's not as amped up as his sister, but he has tried to chomp me a couple times. But he doesn't have any AIM, you know? He can't strike forward, just like he can't slither nose-forward. So he just sort of snaps his jaws in random directions and never connects. I might have to assist feed him every time.
    -Jackie Monk

Thanks

Re: The Official Birth Defect Documentary *Graphic picture warning*

My first clutch ever, the first egg to hatch produced a little male pinstripe with a caved in stomach. He died within an hour of hatching out of the egg. I was heartbroken. His siblings all hatched out just fine though.
    BALLS

0.2 Normals 0.1 Bumblebee 0.1 Yellowbelly 0.1 Mojave 0.1 Pastel Ghost 0.1 Leopard 0.1 Super Pastel 0.2 Black Pewter Yellowbellies 0.1 Arroyo Firefly 0.1 Lesser 0.1 Spider 0.1 Lemon Blast 2.3 Black Pastels 1.1 Pinstripes 1.0 Super Fire 1.0 Ghost Killer Queen Bee 1.0 Arroyo 0.1 Champagne 0.1 Pastel Trick 0.1 Pastel Yellowbelly 0.1 Blue Eyed Leucistic 0.1 Fire Mojave 1.0 Banana 1.0 Jigsaw 1.0 Super Pastel Lesser Black Pastel Yellowbelly

NON BALLS
    1.0 Jungle Carpet Python

NON SNAKES
    1.0 Long Haired Chihuahua 1.0 Greyhound 1.0 Husband

Thanks

In my opinion if you find this post useful, participe, if you dont find it useful avoid it.

I had one case of kinked hatchlings.
    A pastel male. Dad produced before a lot of babies, it was moms first clutch. The egg look odd from the beggining, was never plump.
    There was a problem with the light, it was out for 24hs, and they were at 25C for that period, i dont think it was the problem. There were three clutches in the incubator, one on day 50, no issues, this one was about day 30, with this pastel, and another one that is about to hatch anytime....we will see with that one....

Some scales are fused but is not bad....

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk 2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rafacacho For This Useful Post:

satomi325 (01-13-2014)

Thanks

This egg died around 45 days.
    Kinked baby with a portion of fused scales.
    Pastel x spinnerblast pairing

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by AJs Snake House; 01-21-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    Balls:
    0.1 '?? Normal
    0.1 '10 Pastel
    0.1 '10 Yellowbelly het Genetic Stripe
    1.0 '11 Lesser
    1.0 '09 Lesser
    1.0 '11 Fire
    1.0 '07 Spider
    1.0 '11 Black Pastel

1.0 '81 Husband
    2.0 '03/'10 Offspring
    Gravid with 1.0.1 twins due Oct 9th 2012

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AJs Snake House For This Useful Post:

Badgemash (01-21-2014)

Thanks
    I see alot of pastels in here as a new breeder with the notes ive been gathering i see Champagnes, Spiders and now pastels. Other then incubatio nand humidity malfunctions would sound or vibrations have any effect on deffects like if some1 lived in a trailor, not me tho im a basement breeder

BPnet Senior Member Marissa@MKmorphs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 783 Posts

This egg died on day 58. My female spotnose had a parthenogenisis clutch, and this baby seemed to be relatively healthy except for the face and tail.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    ~Marissa~

Thanks
    Sorry to necro this thread, but as long as people breed snakes I think it will continue to be relevant. I also want to share my story just to get it off my mind. This was my first clutch of BP eggs and I had a thermostat malfunction about a week after they were laid. Two eggs went bad the following week. The rest went full term, but this one never hatched and died in egg. This is what it looked like after I took it out:

1) Morph: Normal
    2) The defect: kinked spine and died in egg
    3) Possible reasoning for the defect: Temp drop. During the thermostat malfunction it went down to the mid 70s. Not sure exactly how long, but probably 24 hours or more.
    4) The parental pairing: Leopard het Pied x Spider het Pied
    5) Total number of clutches and/or hatchlings you have produced: This was my first.
    6) Photos: above
    7) Any other information that you wish to include: Five clutchmates came out fine. This was the only normal in the clutch. The egg this snake came out of was attached to and half underneath another egg.

The largest egg in the clutch was originally on top of both this egg and one other. A healthy female spider hatched out of the egg on top, but I had problems with both eggs on bottom. One went bad after the temp drop and has to be removed because it grew fungus. The other contained this kinked baby normal. Maybe their positioning made them more susceptible to the temp drop?
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_rotten1 For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (05-10-2018),dr del (05-10-2018)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678