Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,956

0 members and 2,956 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles
  • 03-13-2011, 12:05 AM
    luvzebra3
    Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple pet Supply?
    I recently ordered UTH from Big Apple Pet Supply? I placed the heat mat under my new enclosure and went to turn it on and the switch would not move. They made me pay to ship it back and then accused me of putting glue into the switch!!! I couldn't believe it! Why on earth would I put glue into the switch? Especially since that would mean I couldn't put my snake into her new enclosure! That is how they sent it to me! Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service - so beware! They will ship you faulty products, then charge you to replace it and then accuse you of breaking it!
  • 03-13-2011, 10:14 AM
    mypethouse
    Re: Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple pet Supply?
    I happened to see your note and that's hard for me to understand how that can happen. I have used Big Apple Pet Supply for about 7 years and have probably placed no less than 40 to 50 orders. Mostly I have used them for reptile supplies but I have purchased 3 reptiles, 2 cages and an awesome aquarium kit as well. Every single order was flawless - I mean literally packed like the crown jewels were being shipped to me and almost everything I ordered arrived the next day (live in NY (Hamptons) &CT).

If you really think you were mishandled you should contact the owner at Big Apple Pet Supply because he always makes everything right. For you to come on here and anonymously state your grievance with something about a glued controller seems in poor taste to me. Your comment about horrible service is also ridiculous considering my repeated amazing experiences with them.

Oh, and Big Apple if you read this thanks again for all the great products - how about a discount next time :-) (JK)

John Wilson
  • 03-13-2011, 10:24 AM
    TheWinWizard
    It also seems mighty funny that you just joined to give praise to Big Apple Pet Supply.
  • 03-13-2011, 10:29 AM
    cecilbturtle
    mypethouse,
    simply because you had excellent service from BA doesnt mean that everybody else has. congratulations to you.

luvzebra3,
    i understand your frustration. i would definitely call back and talk to someone who has the authority to give you a full refund. i'm picky about customer service. whether its an isolated incident or not they need to make it right.

good luck
  • 03-13-2011, 10:32 AM
    cecilbturtle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWinWizard View Post
    It also seems mighty funny that you just joined to give praise to Big Apple Pet Supply.

i didnt even notice that. well its pretty obvious who posted that raving review of BA :colbert:
  • 03-13-2011, 11:05 AM
    OhhWatALoser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mypethouse View Post
    If you really think you were mishandled you should contact the owner at Big Apple Pet Supply because he always makes everything right. For you to come on here and anonymously state your grievance with something about a glued controller seems in poor taste to me. Your comment about horrible service is also ridiculous considering my repeated amazing experiences with them.

Oh, and Big Apple if you read this thanks again for all the great products - how about a discount next time :-) (JK)

John Wilson

:rofl: Big Apple Pet Supply epic fail :rofl:

well Mr. "John Wilson" (surprised your name isn't John Smith), how dare you accuse the OP of doing this in poor taste.

A company ask for me to pay shipping to replace a faulty item, that's unheard of. But then again, some online store joining a forum just to counter a bad review is also unheard of. Both very low things to do.

Or we can get the conspiracies rolling and maybe the OP and mypethouse are the same person lol. Some how I'm doubting it though. Mods you able to check IP's?
  • 03-13-2011, 11:50 AM
    luvzebra3
    In my last email to them I did mention that I would letting people on all the forums I am on know what had happened! I was just shocked at their treatment of a FORMERLY good client. I, too had placed many orders to them over the years and was not worried at first when I discovered the problem. After emailing and speaking to them on the phone, their true colors came out and they were far from helpful!
    In the first email they sent me in answer to my telling them the problem, they actually said
    "If the mat is stuck in the low setting which is normally how it comes 99.9% of people leave it there and never go to medium or high because that is typically too hot. "
    Can you believe it?! Its OK if its stuck because I won't need the other settings!
  • 03-13-2011, 12:06 PM
    dr del
    Hi,

Nobody in this thread shares an IP with anyone else that I can see on a quick inspection.

dr del
  • 03-13-2011, 12:33 PM
    mainbutter
    Quote:

Your comment about horrible service is also ridiculous considering my repeated amazing experiences with them.

Even a billion instances of good customer service does not make one instance of horrible customer service "ridiculous", if it was in fact horrible. Accusing the customer of things he/she did not do is, IMO, horrible customer service.
  • 03-13-2011, 12:34 PM
    mypethouse
    You know what is interesting, a bunch of anonymous people get on a forum to blast some company about something ridiculous. Then, when someone who has ordered multiple times from Big Apple says they have ordered many times and received great service they get blasted too and told they are liars.

I have a lot of animals and have had great experiences and I'm sorry that the person who started this thread did not. I say call Big Apple and speak to them because I believe they are a reputable company.

I have forwarded this thread to them so they know about it.

What I would like to know from the person who posted it please forward to this forum the information you received from Big Apple.

1) Did they refund you for the product?
    2) Provide you with a new unit?

Your post did not include how this was handled.

To the rest of you I am new but I don't think I deserve to be flamed because this is my first post and my name is what it is - I have nothing to hide.
  • 03-13-2011, 01:27 PM
    jbean7916
    I think everyone would be less apt to think something was up if you had posted on another post first, it does seem rather odd. And you say anonymous like everyone here doesn't have a user name, avatar pic and some know each other in "real life". When you purchase something online you do so with some anonymity but if the op has issues with the customer service they have the right to voice them.

I personally have used big apple herp on one occasion to purchase their thermostat. It's not the greatest but it gets the job done.

Why are you making your personal crusade as a new member of a forum to defend a company that isn't yours?

sent from my EVO
  • 03-13-2011, 01:50 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    mypethouse we are still laughing at you btw.

well this is from 2004....
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/pet-shop...stev-823fw.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/pet-shop...this-dbw8e.htm

and just to verify its them, domain is registered to the same address
    http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...gappleherp.com

problems in the frog world....
    http://www.frogforum.net/african-bul...ld-giants.html

product review for turtles
    http://www.turtletimes.com/forums/to...s-thumbs-down/

obviously your not the only one with problems, but the first link sounds a lot like your story. Looks like this isn't an isolated incident.
  • 03-13-2011, 01:52 PM
    deftones2015
    Quote:

You know what is interesting, a bunch of anonymous people get on a forum to blast some company about something ridiculous. Then, when someone who has ordered multiple times from Big Apple says they have ordered many times and received great service they get blasted too and told they are liars.

I have a lot of animals and have had great experiences and I'm sorry that the person who started this thread did not. I say call Big Apple and speak to them because I believe they are a reputable company.

I have forwarded this thread to them so they know about it.

What I would like to know from the person who posted it please forward to this forum the information you received from Big Apple.

1) Did they refund you for the product?
    2) Provide you with a new unit?

Your post did not include how this was handled.

To the rest of you I am new but I don't think I deserve to be flamed because this is my first post and my name is what it is - I have nothing to hide.

I don't think anyone is trying to call anyone a liar. They are simply stating you should not be flaming the other user for telling us about his experience with that company. People are saying as well that you are saying it's a bad thing to make his first post in this forum a flame against Big Apple, yet your first post is to build them up, a bit ironic in my opinion.

However, in defense of big apple, I'm sure they're a decent sized company and the owner cannot handle all issues by himself. There is no sense in customer service accusing the customer of anything and I would be interested in hearing about what was done to make this right.
  • 03-13-2011, 01:54 PM
    luvzebra3
    mypethouse - I already told them about it!

I also did not flame you - everyone is entitled to their opinion. I needed other products so I had already ordered a replacement with that order.

UPDATE - Just got off the phone with Steve, the owner of Big Apple - he was great (called me on a Sunday)! He had no idea this was happening and apologized. He agreed it was not handled well and he verified that a credit was given (hadn't shown up on my bank statement yet).He saw that I was a good client of his and even gave me a credit to use later.
    Lesson: go to Steve if you have any issues with his company! I am sorry it came to this.
  • 03-13-2011, 01:59 PM
    luvzebra3
    deftones2015 - Steve seemed very concerned about his customers being happy and will speak to the other people involved. He agreed it was not handled very well at all.
  • 03-13-2011, 02:22 PM
    deftones2015
    Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Sucks that customers have to deal with not so friendly employees sometimes though.
  • 03-13-2011, 02:39 PM
    mypethouse
    I too am glad that everything worked out for you. I do not understand @ OhhWatAloser's concept of showing a few posts that ranged from a few years old to as much as 7 years ago. I mean go search out any company online as large as Big Apple Pet Supply and see how many negative posts show up.

My guess is that Big Apple handles thousands of orders each month and you were able to dig up a whopping 4 from the last seven years?

So why did I post here, because I consider the people at Big Apple my friends as well. The OP indicated she spoke to Steve and I too have spoken to Steve over the course of many years and orders and the help he has provided to me has been incredible. I continue to order from them because in my opinion they are the best in the business. I can't believe I actually have to prove myself but here is a copy of the email from them for my last order...

Dear John Wilson,

Thank you for purchasing from Big Apple Pet Supply.

At any time you may log into your account to check your order status.

Your order no. 812-147836 has been received.

Order Summary:
    Item
    Qty
    Description
    Options
    Rate
    Amount
    FREE With $280 Purchase - Days Hike Fanny Pack (Assorted Colors)
    FREE With $280 Purchase - Days Hike Fanny Pack (Assorted Colors) Bin: 40E
    :cens0r:
    :cens0r:
    Big Apple Pro Series Granite Acrylic Cages
    Big Apple Pro Series Granite Acrylic Cage with Sliding Glass Doors (INCLUDES Screen Top) - 70 Gallon (36"L x 18"W x 25"H)
    Granite Cage Model: 70 Gallon INCLUDING Screen Top (36"L x 18"W x 25"H)
    $309.95
    $309.95
    Subtotal
    $309.95
    Shipping & Handling
    $107.20
    Tax
    Total
    $453.65

Order Shipping Information:
    John Wilson
    8 ************ Lane
    Southampton, NY 11968
    United States

Order Billing Information:
    John Wilson
    8 ************ Lane
    Southampton, NY 11968
    United States

Ship Via: UPS Freight Charge

If you would like to track the status of your order, please go to https: //checkout.netsuite.com/app/center/********* to access your account.

Thank you for your business.

Big Apple Pet Supply

PLEASE NOTE I HAVE CENSORED THE URL ABOVE TO MY ONLINE ACCOUNT WITH THEM AS WELL AS MY FULL ADDRESS FOR OBVIOUS SECURITY REASONS
  • 03-13-2011, 03:02 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    Quote:

I too am glad that everything worked out for you. I do not understand @ OhhWatAloser's concept of showing a few posts that ranged from a few years old to as much as 7 years ago. I mean go search out any company online as large as Big Apple Pet Supply and see how many negative posts show up.

Thats exactly what I did and there is tons of them, im not going to spam the forum, I was just showing a range of problems, again its not an isolated incident as you implied.

I find it ironic that only something was done AFTER this went public and after you appeared, which you apparently live less than a hour away. Why did this happen in the first place? Why was the OP accused of fraud? Why did he have to pay shipping for an defective item, regardless of it being fixed later?

Even if Steve is a good guy his companies customer service is still crap. No one should ever be accused of a crime. That's just outright unacceptable and its not the first time this has happened, regardless of it being years ago.

Even if you are telling the truth, you have only hurt this company in some people minds, but your defensive tone and all around suspicious nature, I don't believe you.
  • 03-13-2011, 03:36 PM
    mypethouse
    @ OhwhatALoser It can be readily discerned that you enjoy this kind of thing from your abrasive tag name.

It must give you some kind of joy to anonymously send posts from your mobile home in some rural town where you delight in putting others down before you go to your $8 an hour job at the local diner washing dishes.

Personally, I don't believe you - I think you're an absolute loser who probably has little to his name and readily beat down others to feel better about yourself and your lack of any real power.

No need to answer as I intend not to post further. I do not usually partake of forums because they are often peppered with people like yourself who poison the entire group.
  • 03-13-2011, 03:49 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    Quote:

@ OhwhatALoser It can be readily discerned that you enjoy this kind of thing from your abrasive tag name.

It must give you some kind of joy to anonymously send posts from your mobile home in some rural town where you delight in putting others down before you go to your $8 an hour job at the local diner washing dishes.

Personally, I don't believe you - I think you're an absolute loser who probably has little to his name and readily beat down others to feel better about yourself and your lack of any real power.

No need to answer as I intend not to post further. I do not usually partake of forums because they are often peppered with people like yourself who poison the entire group.

so everyone here is anything he said true? You fail sir.

Steve do you really need to anonymously defend your company this bad?
  • 03-13-2011, 03:55 PM
    cecilbturtle
    well after everything i have read in this thread i know i wont be purchasing anything from them. its definitely not worth all this drama.
  • 03-13-2011, 03:59 PM
    cecilbturtle
    Quote:

so whats wrong with washing dishes for a living? or living in a mobile home? its people like you who need to just stop talking. period. just stop talking because nobody here wants to hear your BS!

have a nice day. just have it somewhere else.
  • 03-13-2011, 05:36 PM
    deftones2015
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cecilbturtle View Post
    so whats wrong with washing dishes for a living? or living in a mobile home? its people like you who need to just stop talking. period. just stop talking because nobody here wants to hear your BS!

have a nice day. just have it somewhere else.

I agree. With so many people who don't even try to work and let those of us who DO work support them, I respect ANYONE who works even if it's washing dishes or clean poo on a farm.
  • 03-31-2017, 09:33 PM
    zclgfz
    Re: Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple pet Supply? I am now 3/31/17
    This package was well packed that's the positive. Now for the rest, no directions to speak of just a paper of an example of something that's probably not what you got. I watched the Youtube video on the guy putting it together it doesn't go that easy. First off I got the the wide horizontal and the way these cages are designed that cage has two pieces for the bottom the place down the middle for a divider I didn't want the problem there is you have these holes down the middle of the cage and they Supply nothing to plug them. I have two baby corn snakes who could either Escape or be killed or injured trying. So I guess you duct tape it or something ridiculous. It really is pretty difficult to get the front and backed to fit in the slots. I followed the little one paper diagram with few words I set the back-end first as it directed and first thing I notice is two two and a half to 3 inch long deep scratches I figured it was the back I can live with it then I set the front in I noticed a crack all the way across the upper corner which demonstrated just how flimsy and cheap the plastic is very thin and brittle. This cage cost way too much for its very cheap terrible design. I called them right away and got an answering machine also email them the pictures. I am not excited about having to go through and deal with this piece of junk. Probably want me to pay for return shipping and maybe a restocking fee on this damaged item, but if it goes smoothly I will update this review, if I liked it I wanted to buy another it's up to you but I think it's a waste of money. Days later getting the runaround from Andy at Big Apple. He says he did not receive photos, then can you send a different photo circled, doesn't want to discuss a return. If you buy a cage without the dividers extra bottom of cage shown in last picture you got holes big enough for baby corn snakes to escape, be injured or killed, he said to use some gorilla tape....lol. bad bad bad this is a terrible product, service and well I don't need a and. I told him on the third day, you pay this price for anything you shouldn't have to use tape to make it functionable. I got a little cranky today. I need a cage !

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbean7916 View Post
    I think everyone would be less apt to think something was up if you had posted on another post first, it does seem rather odd. And you say anonymous like everyone here doesn't have a user name, avatar pic and some know each other in "real life". When you purchase something online you do so with some anonymity but if the op has issues with the customer service they have the right to voice them.

I personally have used big apple herp on one occasion to purchase their thermostat. It's not the greatest but it gets the job done.

Why are you making your personal crusade as a new member of a forum to defend a company that isn't yours?

sent from my EVO

• 03-31-2017, 09:39 PM
    zclgfz
    This package was well packed that's the positive. Now for the rest, no directions to speak of just a paper of an example of something that's probably not what you got. I watched the Youtube video on the guy putting it together it doesn't go that easy. First off I got the the wide horizontal and the way these cages are designed that cage has two pieces for the bottom the place down the middle for a divider I didn't want the problem there is you have these holes down the middle of the cage and they Supply nothing to plug them. I have two baby corn snakes who could either Escape or be killed or injured trying. So I guess you duct tape it or something ridiculous. It really is pretty difficult to get the front and backed to fit in the slots. I followed the little one paper diagram with few words I set the back-end first as it directed and first thing I notice is two two and a half to 3 inch long deep scratches I figured it was the back I can live with it then I set the front in I noticed a crack all the way across the upper corner which demonstrated just how flimsy and cheap the plastic is very thin and brittle. This cage cost way too much for its very cheap terrible design. I called them right away and got an answering machine also email them the pictures. I am not excited about having to go through and deal with this piece of junk. Probably want me to pay for return shipping and maybe a restocking fee on this damaged item, but if it goes smoothly I will update this review, if I liked it I wanted to buy another it's up to you but I think it's a waste of money. Days later getting the runaround from Andy at Big Apple. He says he did not receive photos, then can you send a different photo circled, doesn't want to discuss a return. If you buy a cage without the dividers extra bottom of cage shown in last picture you got holes big enough for baby corn snakes to escape, be injured or killed, he said to use some gorilla tape....lol. bad bad bad this is a terrible product, service and well I don't need a and. I told him on the third day, you pay this price for anything you shouldn't have to use tape to make it functionable. I got a little cranky today. I need a cage ! 3/31/17
  • 03-31-2017, 10:01 PM
    Lizardlicks
    This thread is from 2011, but I'm kind of glad it got necro'd because holy cow what a ride that was.
  • 04-01-2017, 12:53 AM
    bcr229
    Which enclosure did you order?
  • 04-01-2017, 08:20 AM
    Meerna
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizardlicks View Post
    This thread is from 2011, but I'm kind of glad it got necro'd because holy cow what a ride that was.

I agree. Wow, what a mess.
  • 04-01-2017, 08:36 AM
    OhhWatALoser
    I was entertained. The mobile home and dish washing job have been treating me pretty well.
  • 04-01-2017, 08:39 AM
    Meerna
    Lol good to hear XD I can't believe some people sometimes.
  • 04-01-2017, 11:49 AM
    Craiga 01453
    @OhhWatALoser - Glad to hear you're still at the diner shining plates before heading back to your rural mobile home, ahahahahahaha:rofl:

I wasn't around for this thread the first time, but I got a good laugh out of it this time around.
  • 04-01-2017, 12:27 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    @OhhWatALoser - Glad to hear you're still at the diner shining plates before heading back to your rural mobile home, ahahahahahaha:rofl:

I wasn't around for this thread the first time, but I got a good laugh out of it this time around.

I'm actually head dishwasher now. Moving on up the corporate ladder.

Yeah it's pretty impressive what people will do to keep their lie going, even after their caught and they know it.
  • 04-01-2017, 12:49 PM
    rock
    I don't think it seems strange that mypetstore only posted on this thread. Ever.
  • 04-01-2017, 01:45 PM
    DLena
    I wasn't around for this originally, either. They sent me the wrong snake about a year ago. (Fauna Classified BOI post by DLenaRuth999s) ...they don't take full financial responsibility for fixing THEIR errors.
  • 04-01-2017, 02:16 PM
    distaff
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DLena View Post
    I wasn't around for this originally, either. They sent me the wrong snake about a year ago. (Fauna Classified BOI post by DLenaRuth999s) ...they don't take full financial responsibility for fixing THEIR errors.

Were you the person who posted on the Cornsnake forum about IIRC Miami Phase order that turned into a mere Classic? Anyway, I wasn't around here at the time for this thread either, but have never heard one thing good thing about BA, except what the MyPetStore guy claims...uh, really???

zclgfz, I sorry to hear about your enclosure problems. I'd send the thing back, and just pick up a good lid latching tub at WallMart for now. Fun thread. Thanks for resurrecting it.
  • 04-01-2017, 04:34 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    I'm actually head dishwasher now. Moving on up the corporate ladder.

Yeah it's pretty impressive what people will do to keep their lie going, even after their caught and they know it.

Congrats!!! Now you get first dibs on what the customers leave on the plate!!
  • 04-01-2017, 06:54 PM
    distaff
    BTDT with both the trailer and dish washing jobs. (And, I prefer to live rural.)
    Anyone who exposes themselves as being that much of a snob (even if it was just a baseless accusation...); jeez!
    Lame, too.
    Up near the top of my list for guys who are jerks.
  • 04-01-2017, 09:41 PM
    DLena
    Hey distaff! Yep, that was me on cornsnakes.com... she's definitely a classic, not a Miami...but a total sweetheart, one of my ambassador snakes.
    And I still don't have a Miami LOL
  • 04-01-2017, 10:31 PM
    distaff
    Glad to hear the Classic is still doing well! (I would be on that site more often, but it does NOT interact well with my decrepit computer.)

• 04-02-2017, 07:44 AM
    Unknown Subscriber
    Not going to say I had trouble with my order. Ordered some flexwatt and the proper hardware to set it up. Everything arrived faster than expected. Only issue is more of a warning to inspect your product as they cut my flex watt across one of the elements which is a fire/shock hazard if I'm not mistaken.
  • 04-02-2017, 12:26 PM
    Lizardlicks
    Yeah, sure is! That's kind of scary they would be that sloppy with potentially dangerous electrical heating stuff.
  • 04-07-2017, 03:59 AM
    zclgfz
    Re: Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple pet Supply? you sound way to protective.
    Quote:

I happened to see your note and that's hard for me to understand how that can happen. I have used Big Apple Pet Supply for about 7 years and have probably placed no less than 40 to 50 orders. Mostly I have used them for reptile supplies but I have purchased 3 reptiles, 2 cages and an awesome aquarium kit as well. Every single order was flawless - I mean literally packed like the crown jewels were being shipped to me and almost everything I ordered arrived the next day (live in NY (Hamptons) &CT).

John Wilson

- - - Updated - - -

Quote:

John Wilson

• 04-07-2017, 04:01 AM
    zclgfz
    You sound way to protective of Big Apple
    This package was well packed that's the positive. Now for the rest, no directions to speak of just a paper of an example of something that's probably not what you got. I watched the Youtube video on the guy putting it together it doesn't go that easy. First off I got the the wide horizontal and the way these cages are designed that cage has two pieces for the bottom the place down the middle for a divider I didn't want the problem there is you have these holes down the middle of the cage and they Supply nothing to plug them. I have two baby corn snakes who could either Escape or be killed or injured trying. So I guess you duct tape it or something ridiculous. It really is pretty difficult to get the front and backed to fit in the slots. I followed the little one paper diagram with few words I set the back-end first as it directed and first thing I notice is two two and a half to 3 inch long deep scratches I figured it was the back I can live with it. I set the front in I noticed a crack all the way across the upper corner which demonstrated just how flimsy and cheap the plastic is very thin and brittle about 1/8''. This cage cost way too much for its very cheap terrible design. I called them right away and got an answering machine also email them the pictures. I am not excited about having to go through and deal with this piece of junk. 60.45 return shipping on this damaged item. If I liked it I wanted to buy another it's up to you but I think it's a waste of money. Days later getting the runaround from Andy at Big Apple. He says he did not receive photos, then can you send a different photo circled, doesn't want to discuss a return. If you buy a cage without the dividers extra bottom of cage shown in last picture you got holes big enough for baby corn snakes to escape, be injured or killed, he said to use some gorilla tape....lol. bad bad bad this is a terrible product, service. I told him on the third day, you pay this price for anything you shouldn't have to use tape to make it functionable. I need a cage! He stopped returning emails. He didn't offer one solution or even to replace the cheap plastic parts. I have filed a dispute with my charge card & paypal. I am out $60.45return shipping. Honestly not worth the money in useable condition. No excuse for bad service. I't not biased to have this experience and write the truth.
  • 04-07-2017, 04:04 AM
    zclgfz
    Re: Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple pet Supply? Yes !
    Quote:

Originally Posted by luvzebra3 View Post
    I recently ordered UTH from Big Apple Pet Supply? I placed the heat mat under my new enclosure and went to turn it on and the switch would not move. They made me pay to ship it back and then accused me of putting glue into the switch!!! I couldn't believe it! Why on earth would I put glue into the switch? Especially since that would mean I couldn't put my snake into her new enclosure! That is how they sent it to me! Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service - so beware! They will ship you faulty products, then charge you to replace it and then accuse you of breaking it!

This package was well packed that's the positive. Now for the rest, no directions to speak of just a paper of an example of something that's probably not what you got. I watched the Youtube video on the guy putting it together it doesn't go that easy. First off I got the the wide horizontal and the way these cages are designed that cage has two pieces for the bottom the place down the middle for a divider I didn't want the problem there is you have these holes down the middle of the cage and they Supply nothing to plug them. I have two baby corn snakes who could either Escape or be killed or injured trying. So I guess you duct tape it or something ridiculous. It really is pretty difficult to get the front and backed to fit in the slots. I followed the little one paper diagram with few words I set the back-end first as it directed and first thing I notice is two two and a half to 3 inch long deep scratches I figured it was the back I can live with it. I set the front in I noticed a crack all the way across the upper corner which demonstrated just how flimsy and cheap the plastic is very thin and brittle about 1/8''. This cage cost way too much for its very cheap terrible design. I called them right away and got an answering machine also email them the pictures. I am not excited about having to go through and deal with this piece of junk. 60.45 return shipping on this damaged item. If I liked it I wanted to buy another it's up to you but I think it's a waste of money. Days later getting the runaround from Andy at Big Apple. He says he did not receive photos, then can you send a different photo circled, doesn't want to discuss a return. If you buy a cage without the dividers extra bottom of cage shown in last picture you got holes big enough for baby corn snakes to escape, be injured or killed, he said to use some gorilla tape....lol. bad bad bad this is a terrible product, service. I told him on the third day, you pay this price for anything you shouldn't have to use tape to make it functionable. I need a cage! He stopped returning emails. He didn't offer one solution or even to replace the cheap plastic parts. I have filed a dispute with my charge card & paypal. I am out $60.45return shipping. Honestly not worth the money in useable condition. No excuse for bad service. I't not biased to have this experience and write the truth.
  • 04-09-2017, 06:26 PM
    zclgfz
    Quote:

John Wilson

brown noser
  • 04-09-2017, 06:35 PM
    Oxylepy
    Oh, yeah, so a while back I ordered a thermostat from Big Apple, flexwatt, and cords.

The thermostat fit non-polarized plugs, but they sent cords with polarized plugs. That was tedious and stupid. If it weren't stuff just for bugs I'd have been pissed.

End result, my business goes to Reptile Basics and my cheap thermostats are coming from amazon.
  • 08-07-2017, 03:12 PM
    artgecko
    Only ordered from them one time... thermostat and heatmat. Order came OK, but I have not been overly impressed with the quality of the heatmat / t-stat. It seems the t-stat has a larger lag time between the mat overheating and it shutting off (i.e. it only shuts off when it is maybe 20 degrees hotter than it should be). As a result, I ended up throwing away the t-stat and going with a hydrofarm. I probably won't be ordering from them anymore. IMO, there are better prices and quality to be had.
  • 08-07-2017, 04:46 PM
    RickyNY
    Never have and never will order from Big Apple Pet Supply.
  • 08-07-2017, 05:34 PM
    DLena
    I've had one experience with Big Apple... there's a BOI thread on them over on Fauna Classified. (Short version) April 2016 saw YouTube video of adult female Miami Corn Snake. Lovely gray back ground and deep colored saddles. Called. Told she was still available; verified it's the exact one in the video. They sent me an adult classic Corn Snake. I sent them pictures. They told me that was the snake in the video...and that Miami's are known for their bright orange and yellow coloration. That is totally incorrect. I looked it up and sent them the morph description and they refused to admit their error. Gave me the BS line of if I don't like the snake, I can pay shipping and they'll send me a different one. It's not that I "don't like" the snake, it's the WRONG snake. So... her name is Gypsy, she's a lovely classic, and I won't do business with them ever again.
  • 08-07-2017, 07:26 PM
    bcr229
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DLena View Post
    I've had one experience with Big Apple... there's a BOI thread on them over on Fauna Classified. (Short version) April 2016 saw YouTube video of adult female Miami Corn Snake. Lovely gray back ground and deep colored saddles. Called. Told she was still available; verified it's the exact one in the video. They sent me an adult classic Corn Snake. I sent them pictures. They told me that was the snake in the video...and that Miami's are known for their bright orange and yellow coloration. That is totally incorrect. I looked it up and sent them the morph description and they refused to admit their error. Gave me the BS line of if I don't like the snake, I can pay shipping and they'll send me a different one. It's not that I "don't like" the snake, it's the WRONG snake. So... her name is Gypsy, she's a lovely classic, and I won't do business with them ever again.

Bear in mind they don't stock any animals, they drop-ship from larger sellers like ReptMart and Snakes at Sunset. So, you might as well just buy from them directly and save some money.