Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,683

0 members and 2,683 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,569
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Sid's Pregression Thread (Why not?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    he looks great. what combos are u planning to add? Mojave, Lessers and Leopards add cool pattern. and even a Pastel will enhance your already beautiful colored Pinstripe.
    maybe u will want one of her ugly offsprings. lol
    I will gladly take one of her "ugly" offsprings. On snake number one and I still want tons more XD. The Leopard Pin and Kingpin are both amazingly gorgeous. Hard to pick but I've got time to think about it. I guess whichever gorgeous female comes my way that isn't a heterozygus morph(Although, I'll take a Piebald or Clown any day), just to steer clear from the Pin hets to get a combined look. Really leaning towards the Leopards. I would like to make a Jigsaw, that really interests me. Spinners too. Can I just have them all please, haha?

Thanks

No matter what water dish I use, he either knocks it over or somehow gets the paper towel all wet. Why can't he just leave it alone and drink when needed, ugh, aha. Granted, I just squish out the water then let the paper towels dry, and if they are still in good condition, I'll use them again. I'll admit, they don't look as pretty anymore but they get the job done. Not interested in using my snake as a display(BPs aren't very good display snakes anyways, lol). Any advice on how to conquer the water demon? I'm going to pick up some food today for him, see how he takes it. The previous owner didn't feed him much during the winter and said that he should eat nicely. I already have a feeding schedule set up for about every 6-7 days. I will cut back if he gets fat but he should be fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    my BP's will sometimes knock over/spill water when they're hungry and in search for food (hunting).

a water bowl with a flared, wider base (bottom heavy) than the top will be helpful and harder to knock over. like this:

or get something low and wide like a reptile specific water dish:

Last edited by Ax01; 02-12-2016 at 07:00 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Micki (10-24-2016),PokeyTheNinja (02-12-2016)

Thanks

(FEEDING PICTURE INSIDE) We got some rat fuzzies but turns out they didn't want to freeze them. They were freshly "killed". When I got home, the rat pups were still alive! Sid was not interested at first but then got the clue when I picked up the rat pup, thus getting me tagged. There's a first for everything. I do take the blame. He striked again, catching it this time. He didn't do a very good job at squeezing it as it was still struggling when Sid just wanted it to get inside his mouth. I left him too it and before long it was gone and there he was, sitting on the top of his hide. I'm hoping for more good feedings, although, I do have a Ball Python.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PokeyTheNinja For This Useful Post:

nightwolfsnow (02-17-2016)

Thanks

I took him outside for a quick photo shoot. I have been giving y'all flash pictures (There is one more but from now on, since the weather is clearing up, you'll have better quality pictures) and it was finally clear out today. It also marks 1 week that I've had Sid. He's been an awesome little guy. It was definitely hard to leave him alone but I managed, haha. It looked like he went into blue on the 14th but he cleared up, I'm hoping this means that he'll shed soon. Hoping for a clean shed.
    My favorite:

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PokeyTheNinja For This Useful Post:

cristacake (02-19-2016),nightwolfsnow (02-21-2016)

Thanks

Happy birthday to me. Sid was causing a commotion early this morning and so I checked out (without disturbing) Sid's tub. He was shedding! It came out in three pieces. No retained eye caps. I probably needed to boost the humidity a bit more but this is awesome for my attempt at doing so.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    HBD from Elphie and me!!

i hope u and Sid get a nice big rat birthday cake to share.

also remember, new shed means new pix!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

nightwolfsnow (02-21-2016),PokeyTheNinja (02-19-2016),tembii (02-25-2016)

Thanks

Did you ever check the weight? Maybe I missed it. Just curious as I have a fire pin hatched 8/27/15 and he seems small at 120g for 6 months old. The breeder had him on small mice. I switched him to rat fuzzies.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottprotege View Post
    Did you ever check the weight? Maybe I missed it. Just curious as I have a fire pin hatched 8/27/15 and he seems small at 120g for 6 months old. The breeder had him on small mice. I switched him to rat fuzzies.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I will have to wait a couple of days to weigh him as I just fed him. I will let you know It does sound like switching to rat fuzzies was an excellent idea as that is what Sid is currently eating for the meanwhile.

Thanks

Time for me to catch up. Sid's second meal with me went great. He was used to eating live but he took F/T like there was no tomorrow. I do have some post shed pictures for y'all (The day of the shed). You can blame the bad lighting on the Washington weather and my weird light cover. Also, I got a chance to weigh Sid but I'm pretty sure he felt bothered, so back in he went afterwards.
    Post Shed:

This one is a bit orange due to the lighting(Picture below)

Weight picture(A few seconds ago):

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast