Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,993

1 members and 1,992 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kam (43)
meganp (24)

» Stats

Members: 75,155
Threads: 248,596
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Upstream Morphs
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Locking photos on your website.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkice View Post
    I don't really care if people steal my pics. I take pics and post them on the net so people can share in my joy of reptiles. People can use any of my pics for anything they like and I don't even care about getting credit. I don't want to see any of my pictures popping up in classifieds saying its for sale and its theirs. if so ill contact them and pose as a buyer then find where they live. And ill probably pop in for a visit. I like road trips.
    But if my Pics ever up on someone's web site as just a good pic of an animal I don't mind at all.
    The only problem is in the time it takes for you to find them and somehow get them to take them down and disappear to reappear later as someone else they have already sold your picture to three people.

Take a look at my pictures,

http://mattcookreptiles.com/collecti...atinum_003.jpg

Its got a water mark but does not interfere with the photo. You can hardly even tell when kind of ball python it is made of. So I can only hope it stops people from taking them and trying to scam people, and if people just want to show them off somewhere else its got my information with there
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Beardedragon For This Useful Post:

broadude (12-27-2008)

Thanks

My son created a watermark for me, and I went though the trouble (small issue) to have it copyrighted.

While you are right, it's a bit of a pain to do them all and a bit of an overkill...I do put it on those pictures that I think may be stolen.

For example, good pictures, and pictures of parts of a morph..like the YB to keep anyone from using them to convince someone else that they actually do have this morph.

I use picture shark it's free on the web.

"Price has very little to do with QUALITY. Quality stands on its own merit and doesn't need a hefty price tag to prove its worth."

Thanks

You can rip an entire flash file off any site and then just use the swf, flash is just as easy to rip as pictures. Watermarking is your best bet. Also make sure to watermark the picture from left to right over the middle, if you do a little watermark at the bottom a simple crop job will remove your watermark. Forget any scripts that "block" right clicks anyone using any type of decent browser (FireFox ) can view your page source and steal images , layouts and just about anything else, or they can simply use a website rip program and rip all your pictures layouts and files that are on your server (that are not in protected directories ).
    ~ Sebrina

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12