Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,564

0 members and 3,564 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,206
Threads: 248,617
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Az1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: iran jaya or carpet

you can't be 100% sure... these animals haven't been imported in so long that you're just taking someone's word... then again, i guess the only way to be sure is if you collected them yourself.

all we can do is speculate on internet forums.
    Colin Vestrand

long time keeper and breeder of carpet pythons and other snakes...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PythonWallace View Post
    It's good to see that all the breeders of hybrids and locality mixes are keeping such good records and not misrepresenting non pure animals.

What if you see he parents and they look like they are both probably jungles? Would that be enough for you to say that this animal is a pure jungle? You can't tell what this is with certanty, so what makes the parents identifiable with 100% certanty?

Threads like this should pretty much negate any opinion that hybrids are fine as long as the breeders and every owner represents the animals knowingly and honestly. It never happens.
    Because seeing the parents can give you a better idea of what the individual really is. While it is still an educated guess, it is better than half the pathetic babble I see on these type of threads from people that do not work with these animals or have very little experince with carpets.
    The other problem is that these are not hybrids but intergrades. This is the problem when one deals with intergrades as they are so phenotypically similar while hybrids are not.
    And for the record, anyone that knows me, knows that I do not promote intergrade carpets.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MPenn View Post
    Because seeing the parents can give you a better idea of what the individual really is. While it is still an educated guess, it is better than half the pathetic babble I see on these type of threads from people that do not work with these animals or have very little experince with carpets.
    The other problem is that these are not hybrids but intergrades. This is the problem when one deals with intergrades as they are so phenotypically similar while hybrids are not.
    And for the record, anyone that knows me, knows that I do not promote intergrade carpets.
    Intergrades was the word I was thinking of when I said locality mixes. I'm also obviously against intergrades, but especially so with Australian species since we can't import pure locality animals.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

Carpets even mix in the wild. Getting something pure is slim to none. However, If you're looking for a pet ditch the breeder nonsense and just love the animal. That's what 90 of people on here are here for and it shouldn't matter otherwise.

Here's a pic of my "intergrade"

Thanks

Thats a pretty snake.
    ~MIKE~

You:How many snakes do you have?
    Me: Oh, just a room full.
    You:Eh, how many?
    Me:A ROOM FULL.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    Carpets even mix in the wild. Getting something pure is slim to none. However, If you're looking for a pet ditch the breeder nonsense and just love the animal. That's what 90 of people on here are here for and it shouldn't matter otherwise.

Yes, it is true that the different species of carpets have ranges that overlap and that there is some amount of interbreeding going on. However, there are still places in those ranges that you can aquire pure specimens.

While you may enjoy an intergrade as a pet, there are others out there that would rather have the real thing. It is still possible to find pure coastals, jungles, and diamonds in the States regardless of the babble that most keyboard jockeys on forums spout. If you can find a reputable breeder that has good lineage info on his animals you can rest assured that it is pure. There was several animals smuggled into the States decades ago over a small timespan that introduced pure blood to the States. There is also some pure animals that are being produced in Europe that are being legally imported into the States as we speak that will form the basis for new blood with lineage info and locality data.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MPenn For This Useful Post:

PythonWallace (11-26-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post

Here's a pic of my "intergrade"

Thank you for the statistics.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

WOW this treat still goes on... my carpet IS a jungle. I talk to the breeder and we clear every thing out. She shed like 2 weeks ago and her yellow is coming in. She is just a baby so her colors are brown but thats normal for a jungle.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old; you grow old
    because you stop laughing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123