Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,043

2 members and 1,041 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,614
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99

Hybrid View

Thanks

Re: Building & Plumbing a Rodent Rack

I found some trays at some restaurant supplies stores here, they are used for busing tables. The size is 20" x 15" x 6". I'm thinking of keeping 1.4 in them, but would they be big enough for 1.5?

I think the 6" height may be a bit too high for the mice. I'm thinking of putting some kind of "stool" at the side which they feed so they can reach the hardware cloth (I always find this name funny, we call them something like "wire net" around here..hehe)

Thanks

do the busing trays have ridges on the inside? if so it's a place where mice can chew.

you could keep 1.20 in a tub that size.i agree that those tubs are too deep.a step for drinking would have to be non chewable and heavy so it stays in place.

the above mentioned vision tubs are just the right height,my bud keeps 1.9 mice in his.have fun !

Quote Originally Posted by amon View Post
    I found some trays at some restaurant supplies stores here, they are used for busing tables. The size is 20" x 15" x 6". I'm thinking of keeping 1.4 in them, but would they be big enough for 1.5?

I think the 6" height may be a bit too high for the mice. I'm thinking of putting some kind of "stool" at the side which they feed so they can reach the hardware cloth (I always find this name funny, we call them something like "wire net" around here..hehe)
    TIMOTHY W. HURKMANS

" Do you really believe that what you believe is really real ? "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    do the busing trays have ridges on the inside? if so it's a place where mice can chew.

you could keep 1.20 in a tub that size.i agree that those tubs are too deep.a step for drinking would have to be non chewable and heavy so it stays in place.

the above mentioned vision tubs are just the right height,my bud keeps 1.9 mice in his.have fun !
    No, the trays are very smooth inside, won't have to worry about chewing.

1.20!!! sounds like I'll need to add some little blue pills in their diet you think the male can handle 20???? or is your male ego talking (just kidding).

but anyway, I just saw today first hand that someone keeps 3.25 together. His observation is more than 2 males and they won't really fight, maybe mess with one another only once awhile.

I really have to do something about the height..maybe put the food in container inside the tray.