Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,776

4 members and 2,772 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,602
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: The Adventures of THING: *DU Warning

Isn't it annoying when they're picky - mine doesn't like any insect except locusts - we just don't seem to be able to get decent size roaches in the UK.

He doesn't like worms either Fussy monster!!

We're STILL in the process of building The Big Viv - it's going in what was our dining room (so who needs tables, chairs etc??? LOL) I can't move in there - the "viv in progress" is stuck right in the middle I don't think we've even got room to get out the furniture that is already there (looks for sledgehammer...)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Razaiel
    Isn't it annoying when they're picky - mine doesn't like any insect except locusts - we just don't seem to be able to get decent size roaches in the UK.

He doesn't like worms either Fussy monster!!

We're STILL in the process of building The Big Viv - it's going in what was our dining room (so who needs tables, chairs etc??? LOL) I can't move in there - the "viv in progress" is stuck right in the middle I don't think we've even got room to get out the furniture that is already there (looks for sledgehammer...)
    I can so relate, it is kinda annoying he is such a picky picky monster.... it is one challenge I have found with this guy though....

Break out the sledge hammer, sometimes, you gotta make sacrifices. Even furniture.... yes, I know this from personal experience... hehehe

I got a question...does your sav slow down during the winter, do they have a shut down..cant remember if I actually read that they do or dont... if so, what difference should I be looking for to decide if he is or is'nt?
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

Well mine hasn't so far - (it'll only be his 2nd winter with us). I know tegus are supposed to go into brumation but I don't think savs do (I'm sure somebody'll correct me if I'm wrong!)

I'd be happy to break out the sledge-hammer - trouble is hubby is partial to the old wooden sideboard which is where the viv is going to go

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

nope, savannahs do not need a cooling period. keep his temps normal (130-140 basking and 75-80 cool) and he'll be fine.
    -marshall

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234