Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 999

0 members and 999 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kaiju (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,149
Threads: 248,590
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, koala
    BPnet Senior Member Hannahshissyfix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 619 Posts

Blackheads future

I made another post about my phantom I recently bought that seemed to be ovulating and was previously with a Blackhead. I don't usually like to count my chickens (or snakes) before theyve hatched but am debating what I should do if/when they arrive. Does anyone work with blackheads? They don't seem very popular in my searching. I have a smaller collection and have been trying to stay focused on just the morphs I planned on working with so not sure if I should bother keeping any or just try to sell them all while theyre still worth a little more. I just don't want to hold back any if by the time theyre up to breeding size they're worth less than $100 and hard to find homes for. Of course this is just all hypothetical since I dont even have eggs yet and probably me over thinking things as usual. So anyone have experience with them? are they more desired than I realize? Did I just overlook some really cool combos I could potentially make with them?

Thanks
    I would talk to some breeders that are close to you. They can maybe give you some advice, or maybe they would be interested in the snakes as well. I dunno... worth a shot, maybe.
    0.1 BP - Mojave - Lexi
    1.0 Bearded Dragon - Thunder (RIP)
    0.1 Bearded Dragon - Lightning

"Now you know, and knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleTreeGuy For This Useful Post:

Hannahshissyfix (01-14-2016)

Thanks
    Black head from what I've been seeing over the past year or so are not overly represented in a lot of collections. Its an awesome extreme black back gene and BH phantoms look really cool as well. RDR didn't mass produce/mass market the gene and it may have even been overshadowed by the banana craze. If you like dark ball pythons they are worth it to hold back a few as I feel they still have a lot of potential.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajmreptiles For This Useful Post:

Chkadii (01-16-2016),Hannahshissyfix (01-14-2016)

Thanks
    I think the Black Head gene is really cool! The breeder who I'm getting mine from knows a lot about them. Search Jennifer Chafin or Wicked Balls on Facebook. She's really nice and could show you some pics of different Black Head combos.
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Champagne (Orochimaru)
    0.1 Mojave Bumble Bee (Gwnyvere)
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Coral Glow (Jiraiya)
    0.1 Hypo (Kisame)
    0.1 Enchi Leopard 66% Het Pied (Matatabi)
    0.1 Black Head Red Gene (Kushina)
    0.1 GHI Mojave (Tsume)
    0.1 Piebald (Tsunade)
    0.1 Super Stripe (Temari)
    0.1 Albino Spinner (Kurenai)
    0.1 Vanilla Calibee (Ino)

Thanks

Re: Blackheads future

greetings, I've been working with the Blackhead for many years. In my experience there is tremendous interest, as I've successfully sold all available offspring. I actually bought one of the first, from Ralph Davis back in '08 but at the time did not realize the potential. The blackhead is a unique morph, some believe its a hybrid with multiple genes, which I've witnessed. (google to check this out) In fact this season, my projects are heavy on breeding Blackhead 3-4X morphs, I'm quite excited about the possibilities. Net/net, I believe a lot of breeders remain interested in Blackhead projects. The variations are awesome, dark-morphs are unique/cool and a great contrast. Best of luck, hope things work out for you!
    David

Thanks
    You should forget about selling them and just send them to me immediately.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I also like black head stuff , i think it s nice with lavender and should be amazing with all albino morph , candy, ultramel, monarch. I also would like to see a RA black head, Black AX black head, Super enchi lesser black head. Those are the morph i would aim for if i had it in my collection.
    1.0 superstripe, killerbee, OD spider fire, black pastel YB, black specter, pastel dinker, spider dinker, banana, banana cinnamon, enchi fire OD, fire dream bee het. russo, pastel superstripe, 2.0 firefly dream YB.

0.2 superpastel yb, 0.2 enchi, 0.1 yellowbelly 0.2 cinnamon, 0.2 normal, 0.1 black widow, black pewter, fire, lemon pastel, pastel, black pastel, bumblebee, spider granite, het. russo, super pastel, pastel specter, specter,lesser pin, OD, fire OD, OD fire het. russo, OD pastel, firefly dream YB, fire bee het. russo, lemon pastel enchi, citrus super enchi, super pastel enchi, pastel ivory, bumblebee dinker