Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 995

1 members and 994 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kaiju (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,149
Threads: 248,590
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, koala
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: Unbelievable-Designer Ball Pythons

Quote Originally Posted by EMSPrincess View Post
    I totally understand what everyone is saying - and I agree. I tried to summarize the "deal" part and that was my fault; I'll post the whole conversation like someone asked. The "deal" included me making an offer, him saying he'd take it if I paid today, and then I told him it would have to be later that day because I'd have to use my boyfriends paypal because mine doesn't work. I didn't get a response for a couple hours and that's when I told him I wasn't going to be able to pay. I made ">>>>>" to indicate his responses. He's located on the east coast, but the times I listed are west coast times. I deleted personal info or left a underline. I bolded and italicized to highlight points. But this is the exact conversation as what is in both of our inboxes. Hope this clears some things up:

May 25, 11:11 pm: Interested in your breeder pastel female you posted on Fauna. 2185 grams I think. Listed at $125. Wanted to see if she was still available and whether I could get a picture or not.
    What would the shipping quote be for the zip _____?
    No mites, correct?
    How are her feeding habits?
    Has she ever struck/bit and/or been sassy?

Thanks

>>>>>May 26, 3:02 am: Here she is. She is a problem free, easy handling adult. She eats a small - medium rat every 10-14 days.
    Shipping is 72.00 from _____
    [Pic attached]
    Thanks
    Rob

May 26, 8:17 am: She looks great, but that shipping cost though...would you take $175 shipped?

Thanks

>>>>>May 26, 9:18 am: If you are paying today, then yes, I will do that.
    Rob

May 26, 10:56 am: We should be able to pay today, I have wait for my boyfriend to get home however, my paypal doesn't work and his does.

Do you happen to have any juvenile female FireBee's or breeder size female Spiders?

May 26, 2:09 am: Hey Rob, I'm really sorry but a transaction for another snake just went through and I won't be able to pay for both. Very sorry, again.

>>>>May 26, 2:39 pm:
    Both of what? You were purchasing one adult pastel female.

May 26, 2:48 pm: Another snake from another breeder.

>>>>May 26, 2:58 pm:
    Always appreciate the waste of time....I get very few people who make offers and then can't follow through.

May 26, 4:08 pm: I apologized and let you know instead of choosing not to respond. I am very surprised by your reaction as I assumed you are a professional breeder with a reputable standing in the herp community. However, I'm beginning to wonder if that is the case.

I understand if you are having a rough day, perhaps. I was planning on getting my paycheck on the 5th and contacting you again to see if she was still available. I did not want to inconvenience you and have you put her on hold for me in the event someone else wanted her. That is most certainly not the case anymore, so there is no need.

Thanks

>>>>May 26, 4:15 pm: I guess you didn't read my ad correctly or in its entirety. I have absolutely no patience for time wasters, excuse givers, pics collectors and so on.

I'm not having a bad day...I expect adults who offer a price (a low one at that) to actually have the funds to pay for it when I accept. Apparently that wasn't the case either. Now, if you think the problem lies on my end, you might need to take a closer look at the scenario with your eyes open.
    Buyers like you I definitely do not need nor want.

May 26, 6:34 pm: I am truly floored. You have managed to call me a child, a waste of time, incompetent with funds, and not thorough.

As a customer I am very disappointed.
    As a person I am appalled.
    I don't really know what to make of this. I honestly thought that as business owner you would do whatever it is in your power to understand and help a customer. A customer that you rely on your livelihood to continue your business.
    I'm not trying to be rude. I am honestly just blown away by your treatment.
    I'm afraid I don't have any more time to spend on this, like I said, I am very sorry. Have a good night.

>>>>>May 27, 2:50 am: I never called you a child or incompetent. Those are words you used on yourself. A waste of time...absolutely.
    Customers actually make purchases...you are only a potential buyer who flaked after making an offer and reneging on it after the fact. You obviously don't see anything wrong and the ignorance in doing that though. However disappointed you may feel, try putting the shoe on the other foot for a change. You should make offers to people all day long, promise to pay, and then renege on it saying you purchased elsewhere and see how long it takes to get blacklisted from the hobby.

As for wasting your time, you did pretty well wasting mine. Good luck with your ignorance.

I honestly wasn't trying to upset anyone, and tried to be diplomatic as possible. At the end of the day it's about the ball pythons we all love and I didn't want to tarnish a relationship with someone whom I share a common interest with. I decided to post this review because even after I tried to mend things, he continued to make accusations and act unprofessionally. As a customer, if this were to have happened to someone else, I would have wanted to know instead of going in blind with no idea who I was dealing with. A review has the sole purpose of allowing a customer to share their experience, good or bad, and this was mine.
    Trust me, I understand I could have perhaps thrown a smiley face in there or something to diffuse the situation. I understand that now. But I was so turned around by how I was being treated, it didn't cross my mind at the time.
    For all you sellers out there, thank you for doing what you do. Without you, we would have no opportunities to expand the collections and love to new little critters. I have the utmost respect for all of you. I've never given a bad review, especially to someone of the BP community, but this...this was something else.

Hope this cleared some things up.
    It clears things up quite a bit....but not in the way I imagine you thought it would....
    Last edited by Skiploder; 05-27-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks

Wow Rob I have to side with you on this one

Dear Rob,

I manage a small business and one of my customers told me he was short on cash until his Social Security Check came. He made a big deal about how he spent so much money at the store. He asked me to order him a custom leather holster without a deposit. We never order anything without a deposit, I told him this, but he wined and moaned over two days, and promised he was good for it. When the holster came in, he said, "I found one cheaper someplace else." I replied, "I can't send this back it's custom." He answered, "Well I guess you'll have to sell it to someone else because I am not paying for it." It has his name embossed on it.

It used to be that you could do business in this country on a handshake. I remember those days and wish they would come back. When I read the e-mail string that the OP posted, I could feel your anger bubbling up inside of me. I understand what you are going through. So far I have managed to keep my temper, but I certainly understand why you lost yours. What happened to you was unacceptable. It speaks volumes about the moral and ethical depths this country has descended into.

I would like to thank you very much for what you do. I can only imagine how much work you must put in. I understand that no matter what needs to be done at a small business, the owner or manager has to do it, often off the clock. I also know that profits are down and costs are up just about every place and in every sector. I am sure that low ball offer took most of whatever profit might have been in that snake.

I wish people understood how dedicated and hard working most small business owners are. I wish people valued that hard work they way they used to. Thank you very much for what you do.

Sincerely,

David
    Last edited by nightrainfalls; 05-28-2015 at 07:30 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nightrainfalls For This Useful Post:

anicatgirl (05-29-2015),PitOnTheProwl (05-28-2015)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123