Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,133

0 members and 2,133 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,148
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, koala
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,878 Times in 4,786 Posts

Reptile Shop Owner Hit Employees With Bearded Dragon Lizard: BSO

I've read elsewhere that Ben Siegel suffers from bipolar disorder. If that's the case I hope that he gets the help he needs given this incident and his arrest for battery last October.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/R...FlowFB_MIBrand

Monday, Jan 5, 2015 • Updated at 1:26 PM EST

A South Florida reptile store owner is facing battery and animal cruelty charges after authorities say he struck employees with a bearded dragon lizard and put it in his mouth.

Benjamin Herman Siegel, owner of Siegel Reptiles, was arrested Friday at the business on West Hillsboro Boulevard in Deerfield Beach, according to a Broward Sheriff's Office arrest report.

Siegel, 40, remained behind bars without bond Monday, jail records showed. It was unknown if he has an attorney.

According to the report, video surveillance captured Siegel throwing the animal in the air and swinging it in the air multiple times. He also hit employees with the bearded dragon multiple times and threw Gatorade on them, the report said.

"The defendant did unnecessarily torment the animal, handling the animal in a cruel and/or inhumane manner and intentionally committed an act to the animal which results in excessive and repeated infliction of unnecessary pain or suffering to the animal," the report said.

Thanks
    He needs to get some help, big time. He was arrested just a bit ago under false imprisonment charges (that is public record) and now this animal cruelty and probably assault of his employees, crazy! I actually don't think he has been involved day to day with the store for awhile, I can't be sure on that though.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,878 Times in 4,786 Posts

Re: Reptile Shop Owner Hit Employees With Bearded Dragon Lizard: BSO

Quote Originally Posted by Ransack View Post
    He needs to get some help, big time. He was arrested just a bit ago under false imprisonment charges (that is public record) and now this animal cruelty and probably assault of his employees, crazy! I actually don't think he has been involved day to day with the store for awhile, I can't be sure on that though.
    The October arrest is for the battery & false imprisonment. Another article said he was picked up for cocaine posession last December.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...105-story.html

The judge revoked Ben's bond yesterday. I very much hope that a psych eval and appropriate treatment are in the cards for him as well.

Bipolar is a terrible disease and I have a few friends who suffer from it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.