Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,162

1 members and 1,161 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I've seen pics posted from before scaleless heads were a thing of bad sheds that looked similar but you're right Brant this one's missing scales are in a strikingly peculiar location and range of coverage. That's ... sick and very upsetting!!! I truly hope that people are not doing that. Probably going to be upset for the rest of the day now...

BPnet Veteran tacticalveterinarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Scaleless Head ball python,produced by CGRoyals

Quote Originally Posted by majorleaguereptiles View Post
    I've seen this many times, either from shedding, or the recent fad of losers pulling scales off ball pythons head to resemble scaleless heads. This is so vastly different from a scaleless head that this discussion is not only upsetting, but it gives more of those losers the idea of pulling scales off ball pythons heads to try and trick people into buying them. There is MANY more traits for scaleless heads than this animal has. Like I said, I've seen this many times, typically not as precise location as this animal, which is even more upsetting for me. This animal looks like it was purposely damaged. I can't prove that, but given the generalized location and I can see the "commitment" to the appearance in trying to get those scales off. Richiquick, I notice your Avatar is a scaleless head ball python. The animal you have is 100% NOT that. I'm seeing this pop up more and more, and it saddens be that people are intentionally pulling off scales. To the OP, I'm not accusing you of doing that, but when I say this is 100% not a scaleless head, and you continue to pump it up as if it is, makes me wonder. Please drop it and leave this as an example of what a ball python's head looks like that has had it's scales pulled off. OK???
    I agree 100% with what Brant has stated! Unfortunately, I feel the incidences of "fake" scaleless heads is going to drastically increase in the near future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12