Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,299

1 members and 1,298 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,216
Threads: 248,623
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Sharon84
    Thanks

Scariest predicament ever

So today I took my boa for a car ride like I do once a week , to go to the shop near my house who loves to see him. By my error he got out of my transport tub ( I probably didn't secure it well ) . He got lodged under the seat and was stuck and wouldn't help himself out, I took the car to the mechanic down the street and we took out the front seat and after 3 hours we got him out. When he finally got out he readjusted his jaw and that scared me but other then that some minor scale damage , luckily the vet is next to the mechanic and the vet was also helping us. He checked him and said he is a perfectly healthy boa and he might be very stressed for a while. So after today I will never transport a snake in a tub again! Thanks for reading , thank god he is OK ! And I will post pictures of the little cut he has.
    Ball Pythons: 0.1 Piebald, 1.0 Barnhart Line Pewter, 1.0 Pastel, 1.0 Pastel ???,
    0.1 Butter Pastel Het Orange Ghost, 1.0 Pastel Het Orange Ghost, 0.1 Normal

Reticulated Python: 1.0 Tiger het albino

Kingsnake: 0.1 Albino Vertical Stripe

Boas: 0.1 Motley Nicaraguan Boa, 1.0 Colombian Boa

Thanks
    You can try using suitcase straps or binder (bull dog) clips on the edges of the tub to help. I haven't used the suitcase straps yet, but they would be the most secure method I think.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    Buy a sterilite with the locking handles then twistie tie it for double security

Thanks
    Thanked 9,887 Times in 4,789 Posts
    Snake in bag, tie off bag, bag in tub.

Thanks

Re: Scariest predicament ever

OMG reminds me when I first got my huge snake ever. This was back in 1999 when I first got my new Honda civic. I always wanted a boa or python but saw a Columbia redtail boa on craiglist. Went over to check him out. The owner who was a girl just offered me 25 dollars low fee and asked me to just take good care of him. I was a bit scared but I handled him anyways. Snake was about 6-7 ft. Just as I leaved I promise her I'll take good care of him. At home when I parked my car and couldn't wait to bring him. I brought him out and handled him while sitting in the driver seat. He managed to wrap himself on my steering wheel and then he decide to crawl down and grab the clutch and brake pedals! I couldn't get a hold of him and he pulled his tail away and tucked himself all the way in the back. I couldn't pull him off with his tight grip. I freaked out and I remember telling that girl my last words. "I'll take good care of him!" It was around 9pm, dark and cold. I gave up and hope he moved somewhere else. The next morning I couldn't find him anywhere! Pulled down my box compartment and there he was coiled up in a ball. I jumped cause I didn't expect him sitting in there! Sorry if I hijack your thread just wanted to share my story about transporting and I'm here at work bored..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JiBster816 View Post
    OMG reminds me when I first got my huge snake ever. This was back in 1999 when I first got my new Honda civic. I always wanted a boa or python but saw a Columbia redtail boa on craiglist. Went over to check him out. The owner who was a girl just offered me 25 dollars low fee and asked me to just take good care of him. I was a bit scared but I handled him anyways. Snake was about 6-7 ft. Just as I leaved I promise her I'll take good care of him. At home when I parked my car and couldn't wait to bring him. I brought him out and handled him while sitting in the driver seat. He managed to wrap himself on my steering wheel and then he decide to crawl down and grab the clutch and brake pedals! I couldn't get a hold of him and he pulled his tail away and tucked himself all the way in the back. I couldn't pull him off with his tight grip. I freaked out and I remember telling that girl my last words. "I'll take good care of him!" It was around 9pm, dark and cold. I gave up and hope he moved somewhere else. The next morning I couldn't find him anywhere! Pulled down my box compartment and there he was coiled up in a ball. I jumped cause I didn't expect him sitting in there! Sorry if I hijack your thread just wanted to share my story about transporting and I'm here at work bored..
    Wow we both got so lucky

Well here is the pics minor scale damage but over all a healthy little boy , I'm so happy he is ok

Ball Pythons: 0.1 Piebald, 1.0 Barnhart Line Pewter, 1.0 Pastel, 1.0 Pastel ???,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    You can try using suitcase straps or binder (bull dog) clips on the edges of the tub to help. I haven't used the suitcase straps yet, but they would be the most secure method I think.
    That's a great idea
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliotNess View Post
    Buy a sterilite with the locking handles then twistie tie it for double security
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Snake in bag, tie off bag, bag in tub.
    Smart lol , I should of thought of that! I need go get snake bags for my boas they are to big. They need a pillow case!