Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,344

1 members and 2,343 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,154
Threads: 248,594
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GrantW
    Thanks

About the guy that got bit by a venomous snake, refused treatment, and died.

i am in a conflict here.

the story is clearly reptile-related and all over the news.

but the forum rules (or more precisely the moderators) say that religion cannot be discussed here.

but the story cannot be discussed without at least mentioning the religious background. and once a thread exists, it will be hard to keep the discussion from going into religion.

So thats the problem. a big reptile news story where religion and reptiles go hand in hand, and i dont know what to do, except that one thing is clear: it should be discussed here somehow.

so, dear moderators: how can we do it? how about we just post links and laugh about it and dont mention religion, while the links will mention religion? i have no idea how to resolve the conflict. Discussion of reptile-related news: yes. discussion of anything that has to do anything with religion: no. now both come together in one big news story, what do we do. ???
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks

Re: About the guy that got bit by a venomous snake, refused treatment, and died.

is there any way to discuss religiously inspired reptile abuse on this forum? or religiously inspired reptile abuse leading to the death of a human, putting a large collection of venomous snakes into jeopardy? can this be discussed on this forum in any way? or will it just go through the news cycle, and all threads that discuss it here get deleted?
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Re: About the guy that got bit by a venomous snake, refused treatment, and died.

There is a thread in the Quarantine Room about this. PM a an admin and they will give you access to the Quarantine Room.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ballpythonluvr For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (02-20-2014)

Thanks
    as far as i know, nothing can be discussed or changed in the quarantine room.

in the meantime, this reptile-related news story is developing.

BPnet Senior Member Bluebonnet Herp's Avatar
    Thanks
    It wasn't about the news story that had it moved into QT, it was the replies it was getting.
    You can post and discuss about it in the QT room, and there's no need for duplicates.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluebonnet Herp For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (02-20-2014),Slim (02-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    I prefer to think of this as a news story, not a reptile story. I would also prefer the rest of the world to think along the same lines...

Ask permission to have access to the QT. Any religious discussion in this thread and it will be moved there anyway.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Thanks
    so how can the topic be discussed?

the problem is, all coverage of the story also will go into religion.

ill try a test rocket:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj_Luwzs_bI waaah.... he kept the necrotic finger piece..... but of course they delve into religion in the commentary.

but religion aside, i think its a story that is relevant enough to have a thread outside of quarantine. and there the different ideas/concepts just conflict and go against each other. i like the idea of being able to discuss reptile-related stuff here.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This topic CAN be discussed here at BP.net. I don't understand why you feel otherwise. Just because the discussion takes place in the QT forum doesn't mean it's not taking place.

QT is open to ANY members that wish to join. It is hidden only from the general public and those that prefer to keep their reptile-related experience more about reptiles and less about hot-button topics such as religion or non-reptile politics and other silliness that sometimes can feel "invasive" to the general populace of our site.

If you want to talk about it, do it there.

PS -- I went ahead and signed you up for QT, so you don't even have to take the step to ask to be let in. You'll find it as a sub-forum under Off Topic. If you don't want to see the QT forum, let me know and I'll turn it off again.
    Last edited by JLC; 02-20-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    -- Judy

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

Archimedes (02-20-2014),Bluebonnet Herp (02-20-2014),PitOnTheProwl (02-20-2014),Pythonfriend (02-21-2014),Slim (02-20-2014)