Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,858

0 members and 2,858 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,172
Threads: 248,600
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Ro55y5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MMReptiles View Post
    These things are very basic requirements, if the OP can't find simple requirements like this- how will he find the advanced stuff? Monitors are not about hand holding, monitors are for serious keepers with info and time, and resources.

Although, I hate to ask- why don't you have internet? I can think of many reasons, but if the reason is money- you can't afford a monitor if you can't afford internet.
    My boyfriend used to live on the outskirts of town on a ranch. Cable did not reach out there. He didn't have internet for years until he moved into a city a year ago. Even in this age and time, I can see how some people don't have internet.

The OP sounds like he's on the right track with wanting to research about potential animals. It just looks like he needs a boost in the right direction.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by satomi325; 08-31-2012 at 03:27 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satomi325 For This Useful Post:

GummiBear (09-10-2012),Ogre (09-10-2012)

Thanks

Re: starting research for monitor/ tegu

I know people that make 3 figure salaries that don't have internet, they live in older homes, don't want it etc.

Also location, even just outside of Wilmington in NC, no internet, and I spend my summers there. And if the op just devotes time when resources are available I don't see how that plays a role in not being able to keep a varanid/ tegu. There are plenty of reasons why these animals should be taken seriously, and not purchased by many people, but internet access is not one of them.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 350z For This Useful Post:

infernalis (09-10-2012),Ogre (09-10-2012),Virus (09-15-2012)

Thanks
    yeah I want the internet at home but so far its been hard I dont like comcast and I live next to a hill so the dish is out and convicing my fiance to actually choose one is a pain lol. it has nothing to do with cost it has to do with prefference. any ways Im looking into the future about a year or so in advance I will have moved in to a home that Im looking at buying by then and information gathering will be over at that point. I just want to make sure that when I move I am able to set his 'house' up the way it needs to be. Im going to build a heated 'shop' more like an detatched office that he will live in during the winter and the colder parts of the year when Im at work and such. I dont know if that is correct I have heard of people dedicating rooms to their tegus and my fiance isnt too hot on that idea so hence the 'shop'.
    2.3 Ball Python (Thanatos(lesser cinnamon vanilla), Prince(banana vanilla dinker). Lucifer(normal), Snailtail(lesser cinnamon vanilla pastel), Nagini(normal))
    1.1 Red Tail Boa (Satin,Tiberius)
    0.1* Rottwieler (Lola)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 350z View Post
    There are plenty of reasons why these animals should be taken seriously, and not purchased by many people, but internet access is not one of them.
    Love that statement. I live way out in the sticks, we didn't have cable most of my life.. dialup out here is painful to use.

Now we have cable, and it's still slower than a turtle on Xanax.. but I get by.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to infernalis For This Useful Post:

Ogre (09-10-2012)

Thanks
    Thank you for those who understood my statement, I can be rather confusing when Im rambling which is really all I ever do. I think I will most likely be going with a tegu, I like the coloring and I will be able to sell the gf on that easier, lol. any ways like I said before this is at least a year into the future if not longer I just what to be able to care for it properly.
    2.3 Ball Python (Thanatos(lesser cinnamon vanilla), Prince(banana vanilla dinker). Lucifer(normal), Snailtail(lesser cinnamon vanilla pastel), Nagini(normal))
    1.1 Red Tail Boa (Satin,Tiberius)
    0.1* Rottwieler (Lola)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ogre For This Useful Post:

GummiBear (09-10-2012)

Thanks
    I have a Columbian Tegu, thankfully he has done really well with taming, it takes a lot if dedication and time. We just finished building a 6x3x3 for our Achilles, he's still small but lives his room to run around in. we have him in Cyprus mulch which he loves to burrow in and it is highly suggested to have a separate feeding tank (I take mine to the bathroom for roaming/bonding time) to limit any possibly substrate being eaten. another forum is thetegu which has some excellent people on it. Have fun with the research!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GummiBear For This Useful Post:

Ogre (09-11-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    Thank you for those who understood my statement, I can be rather confusing when Im rambling which is really all I ever do. I think I will most likely be going with a tegu, I like the coloring and I will be able to sell the gf on that easier, lol. any ways like I said before this is at least a year into the future if not longer I just what to be able to care for it properly.
    That right there won my respect instantly. Countless days of trying to help people who dove in first, then asked later grates on my nerves.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to infernalis For This Useful Post:

Ogre (09-11-2012)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12