Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,310

1 members and 2,309 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,154
Threads: 248,593
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GrantW
    Thanks

Video of my Dutch Shepherd doing his French Ring Sport Training at 6 months old

Just thought I would share. Here is a video I did of my Dutch Shepherd pup training for French Ring Sport. He is 6 months old in the video He just turned 7 months and I am so excited working with him Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/DRkw3H46GZg

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    EXCELLENT choice in soundtracks, lol! Nice looking dog and looks like he's getting the hang of things. How is French Ring different from Schutzhund, other than the country of origin?
    Before all else, be armed. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Thanks
    Haha, nice music indeed.

Gorgeous pup, good luck with the training!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Re: Video of my Dutch Shepherd doing his French Ring Sport Training at 6 months old

Awesome video! Your dog is just beautiful!

Thanks
    Youbeyouibei - French is very different from Schutzhund. In French Ring the dog bites a full body suit, and are able to bite any where on that suit. My boy is just about ready to start on the suit They use the clatter stick, which is a peice of bamboo that is split to make a lot of noise instead of the whip. There is not as much focus on the obedience looking pretty, more on functional obedience. They put a lot more pressure on the dog in French Ring to really prove that the dog has the nerves and drives to do the sport. There are also a palisade jump which is like a 7 foot wall the dog has to scale, and a long jump that is like 10 to 12 feet long that they have to clear along with the 4 foot jump. And there is no tracking in French Ring.
    I have trained in Schutzhund a few years back, but I really enjoy French RIng more

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Re: Video of my Dutch Shepherd doing his French Ring Sport Training at 6 months old

Quote Originally Posted by Lana's_mom View Post
    Youbeyouibei - French is very different from Schutzhund. In French Ring the dog bites a full body suit, and are able to bite any where on that suit. My boy is just about ready to start on the suit They use the clatter stick, which is a peice of bamboo that is split to make a lot of noise instead of the whip. There is not as much focus on the obedience looking pretty, more on functional obedience. They put a lot more pressure on the dog in French Ring to really prove that the dog has the nerves and drives to do the sport. There are also a palisade jump which is like a 7 foot wall the dog has to scale, and a long jump that is like 10 to 12 feet long that they have to clear along with the 4 foot jump. And there is no tracking in French Ring.
    I have trained in Schutzhund a few years back, but I really enjoy French RIng more
    Thanks for clarifying that! I'd only ever heard of Schutzhund and didn't realize there was something similar (French Ring). That's awesome that you trained him yourself; I'd love to get a GSD or a Cane Corso at some point and train for that. Wife and my job allowing, maybe at some point. In the meantime, thanks for sharing the video, that's really cool to watch!
    Before all else, be armed. - Niccolo Machiavelli

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    I wish my dogs were as obedient. That is awesome.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07