Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,519

2 members and 2,517 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,760
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama
    Thanks

She's back from the vet! with LOTS of meds. . .

Hi everyone, and thanks to all who crossed your fingers for us. Here's the update: Our little girl J.J. came back home yesterday after being hospitalized for the advanced R.I. (see previous thread here: http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...rs-for-us.-.-.

she has daily meds including nebulizing the Amikacin/Mucomyst (had to go pickup a nebulizer), orally administered Enrofloxacin, and intramuscular injections of Papricillin. . . whew! along with a daily oral rinse of Nolvasan (they said it's the same as Chlorhexidine) and some eyedrops for the left eye.

She is doing a lot better, but they want me to force feed Carnivore care and I'm heading out to get some small (much smaller than usual) rat pups because I would much rather that she eat on her own. I'm going to try tonite. . . the stress level is ridiculous because I just want to be able to leave her alone and I can't because I have to take her out and treat her and clean the enclosure every day. . . she's definitely not too thrilled with all the treatments but the vet's cultures came back with abundant growth of two organisms and apparently these are the proper meds to fight them. . . These daily meds are for three weeks, I'm sure the toughest time will be near the end when she feels better and is still getting daily shots

It's definitely a lot of work, I feel like I could qualify for an "Honorary Veterinary Assistant" certificate after 3 weeks of these treatments

Thanks again for all of your support, these last six days have been dreadful, we went and visited her every day and I sat like a puppy dog by the phone each morning waiting for my update. I'm so glad for the help, info and good wishes from everyone here, and it's a great feeling to be part of this amazing community here at BP.net
    I'll update later when (hopefully) she eats on her own

Thanks

Re: She's back from the vet! with LOTS of meds. . .

I hope everything goes well for you...Good Luck..
    MALES.. 1.0 Coral glow Mojave... 1.0 Coral glow Scaleless head... 1.0 Coral glow Het Pied.. 1.0 Orange dream pastel.. 1.0 Black head Pastel Rng Rg.. 1.0 Calico Yellowbelly.. FEMALES.. 0.1 Bumblebee Scaleless head.. 0.1 Black Pastel 66 Axantic.. 0.1 Leopard Lesser Pastel.. 0.1 Champange Pastel.. 0.1 Pastel Het Pied.. 0.1 Enchi… 0.1 GHI.. 0.1 Het Albino.. 0.1 Mojave.. 0.1 Normal....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RichieBoo For This Useful Post:

Steve-J (08-11-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

Thumbs up Re: She's back from the vet! with LOTS of meds. . .

That really is excellent that you're going the extra mile for her. Not enough people (at least, outside this forum) see snakes as pets worthy of the same degree of medical attention as their dogs and cats.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Annarose15 For This Useful Post:

Steve-J (08-11-2011)