Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,399

0 members and 2,399 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,179
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ReptiFreak
    Thanks

!!! Corn snake help !!!

I am planning on getting a corn snake here soon and was wondering what all I needed...I was told that since they are native to my area (southern indiana) I wouldn't have to use a heat source?...I have a 20 gallon tank ( not sure if long or breeder cuz I don't know how to tell)... how long can I kep a corn in that size tank...also information needed on humidity, temps, hides, and do they stress easy like ball pythons...I bought a bp that is my first snake...are corns needs the same as bps.thanks for any info.

Thanks
    well if you havent already here is the corn snake caresheet from the site, that'll point you in the right direction.
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...uttata-guttata)
    But Corns are pretty calm. They have a name for being quite gentle and docile so dont worry too much but hope this helps.
    1.0 Fire
    1.0 Kitten

Thanks
    I agree look at some caresheets and they should answer your questions.
    If your buying a baby one keep him in a smaller tank until he outgrows it. Snakes tend to feel more secure when theres not so much area provided. A hatchling or juvey would be fine in a 10 gallon for probably 8-12 months. Depends on his growth rate. A 20 long would be a fine size to house an adult corn. Just make sure the snake has a couple different hides, a water dish big enough for him to soak in and something rough like a log or decoration that they can begin a shed on.
    Let is know if your questions get answered and we want pics when you get him!
    My name is Adriane
    Welcome to the Jungle
    1.0 Husband
    0.1 Banana Pied Ball Python
    2.0 Boston Terriers
    0.2 Buggs

Thanks
    So I jut need to setup the tank basically the same as my bp? And I will for sure post pics...I am going to the cincinatti reptile show next Sunday and am hoping to get a male and a femaleand gonna try to breed them after a few years...I don't care bout the money from breeding...I just think it would be neat to hatch some out..any more info?

Thanks
    Corns are pretty easy. I am new to the BP thing, but I've had corns for a few years. They need a warm side and a cool side, warm side temp under the substrate about 85F (they like to burrow and anything over 90 is too warm for them) and a cool side somewhere near 75F. Ambient temps and humidity are much less of a concern with corns than I am learning they are with BPs. The only important thing is to make sure that your set up is escape proof. They are SUPERB escape artists and can fit through cracks that you didn't know existed, especially when they are babies. Good luck, corns come in such a variety of beautiful morphs.
    I love what I love. Forever. Don't expect that to change.