Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,095

2 members and 1,093 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

D3rv (47)

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,614
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks
    Oh, not to derail the thread but didn't Dr. Steve Gorzula's expedition find ball pythons cohabitating in the same borrows? Its been some time since I've watched the DVD but I have it around here somewhere.

Not saying what happens in the wild should necessarily happen in captivity. Isn't there also a discrepancy between life-expectancy wild versus captive born & kept? I am under the impression that captive bred & kept BPs can live three times typical wild life-expectancies [20-40 versus ~8-12 years].

Last edited by sgath92; 03-24-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks

Re: Do Ball pythons make any sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by sgath92 View Post
    That's similar to my experience. My BP's setup is in my room.

One Saturday mourning at some ungodly hour like 4-5AM she let out this massive, LOUD fart noise that woke me right out of bed. I couldn't figure out what the hell the noise was. It was as if some somuwrestler had consumed 500 lbs of baked beans, sneaked into my room in the middle of the night, and unleashed it next to my bed. I was convinced someone had been in my room, until she did a quieter one and then pooped [she always goes in the same spot]. I don't think I've been that awake that early before without a LOT of caffeine.

Really??? I'm jealous!

Our Snickers poops and urates anywhere and everywhere in her enclosure. In her hides, in her water and everywhere else. One time my boyfriend was holding her and he let her crawl off his hand onto the coffee table and right before her cloaca got to the coffee table she crapped onto the floor.(thankfully we have a wood floor and not carpeting!)

Did you do anything special to make your BP poop in a certain area???
    Last edited by Superpop; 03-28-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks

Re: Do Ball pythons make any sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Superpop View Post
    Really??? I'm jealous!

Our Snickers poops and urates anywhere and everywhere in her enclosure. In her hides, in her water and everywhere else. One time my boyfriend was holding her and he let her crawl off his hand onto the coffee table and right before her cloaca got to the coffee table she crapped onto the floor.(thankfully we have a wood floor and not carpeting!)

Did you do anything special to make your BP poop in a certain area???
    Best I can figure she likes to go in plants and that part of the tank is where I have a thick assortment of those plastic fake plants they sell in pet stores.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234