Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,409

1 members and 2,408 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,154
Threads: 248,594
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GrantW
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: What phone for BG??

I came from a blackberry and switched to the Droid Pro from verizon. It has a similar keyboard as a blackberry which is good for someone who doesnt like typing with a touch screen but also has a touch screen to navigate. It is a global phone and also has a sim card. Check it out. I like it but one suggestion get the extended battery if your a heavy user.

Good luck, getting a new phone is fun but also a hard decision cuz your stuck with it for 2 years.
    Last edited by chris92486; 12-09-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris92486 View Post
    I came from a blackberry and switched to the Droid Pro from verizon. It has a similar keyboard as a blackberry which is good for someone who doesnt like typing with a touch screen but also has a touch screen to navigate. It is a global phone and also has a sim card. Check it out. I like it but one suggestion get the extended battery if your a heavy user.

Good luck, getting a new phone is fun but also a hard decision cuz your stuck with it for 2 years.

Thanks buddy. Really..... thanks for making your first post on BP-net a post to help out Big Gunns. BG has put you near the top of his fan club for this action. Considering there are millions of members, you should feel honored.

Just got back from Verizon. They have a deal on Droids.... if you buy one get you get one free.(rebate) Now BG needs to decide which one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts
    Keyboard and display are much better on the Droid 2 Global, but the Droid Pro is a nice phone if you have ever used and like a Blackberry.
    --Walt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gunns View Post
    Thanks buddy. Really..... thanks for making your first post on BP-net a post to help out Big Gunns. BG has put you near the top of his fan club for this action. Considering there are millions of members, you should feel honored.

Just got back from Verizon. They have a deal on Droids.... if you buy one get you get one free.(rebate) Now BG needs to decide which one.
    No problem, i've been reading everything on this site for months and want to get into snakes but havent made the jump from geckos to snakes. All in due time. I see youve got quite a fan club and ur threads are always entertaining. Im honored to be near the top on the list.

The deal from what i c is on the droid 2 and the X which wouldnt help you because you need a global phone. At that point your only options are D2 Global or the Pro. The only reason i didnt go with the D2 Global is that everyone says that the slide out keyboard is a waste because most people get used to the touch screen keyboard they never use the pull out. But maybe you will like it. Im interested to see which phone you choose and why, and how you like it.

Good Luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris92486 View Post
    The only reason i didnt go with the D2 Global is that everyone says that the slide out keyboard is a waste because most people get used to the touch screen keyboard they never use the pull out.

I love me some keyboard!! I have a Droid and use my keyboard all the time, I really don't like virtual at all. It is a matter of preference of course...
    I'm just waiting for Moto to build me a dual core 1.something huge processor keyboarded monster that is about the size of the Droid X. LOL.
    That's what you need too BG, just wait a while, postpone your trip...my dream phone is coming and you will love it!
    In the meantime, look at both the D2 global and the Pro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12