Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,610

1 members and 2,609 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kaiju (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,149
Threads: 248,589
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, koala
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Ship Your Reptiles

Quote Originally Posted by Argentra View Post
    Oh, I'm not concerned with 'cheapest' but with timing. I only have a month to get these guys sold, and I've heard plenty about how long it takes to be certified.
    I only wish there were some other way right now. Probably would have already sold one if I could ship. Ah well...
    At this time you can use http://www.reptilesexpress.com/ to ship your snakes, all you need is to get approved by them and you can start shipping right away following their guidelines.
    Deborah Stewart

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I actually talked to someone at Reptiles Express today and their exception letter is still good so it doesn't apply to them. She said a UPS rep observed them at Daytona too. I'm still going to get Fedex certified as another alternative. I don't want a bunch of babies on the ground with no way to ship them. But something people really, really need to keep in mind: DO NOT SHIP VENOMOUS ANIMALS PERIOD!!! It was a False Water Cobra shipment that caused this. She said that UPS does not even allow Hognose Snakes. If it is venomous, even mildly, DO NOT SHIP IT!!! If this type of crap continues, we won't have to worry about the python ban because we won't have a way to sell animals outside of expos anyway.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I just re-read this and realized it might be taken the wrong way. Don't ship venomous through UPS or Fedex. Delta is the only acceptable method so there is one way to ship them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12