Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,296

1 members and 1,295 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Jcd5v (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,608
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead
    Thanks

Couple cute pics of my Danes

Just thought I'd share a couple pics of my Danes playin nice together. She loves her bones and he loves his giant squeaky tennis ball.

*~*Mica*~*
    0.2 Kids
    1.1 Great Danes
    1.0 '09 Pastel BP
    0.1 '09 Lemon Pastel
    0.1 '10 Lesser

Thanks

Re: Couple cute pics of my Danes

awesome i love danes my wife wants one so bad. is it true that danes have health problems and rarely live past 8 -10 years sorry not trying to be a downer.

0.1 mini weiner dog (the doodle)
    too many balls to list!!!!

Thanks

Re: Couple cute pics of my Danes

That's okay, not a downer, I work with Great Dane Rescue and love to talk Danes!! Like a lot of large Dogs, Danes can have health issues you must be prepared for. They are prone to hip and elbow dysplasia, cardiomyopathy (heart issues), bloat and unfortunately cancers. Average life span of a Great Dane had been 6-8 years, but is now 8-10 years and we have seen several 12 and 13 year old Danes, too. With advanced health testing and better foods and care, Danes can live long healthy lives. Definately do your research on your breeder or rescue. I had never adopted any dog older than 10 wks prior to bringing Chevy (the black and white) home and she was almost 3 yrs old when we adopted her. She has taught me so much about dogs and adopting an adult that truly needed a home has been a wonderful experience. Chevy is now 6.5 years old and 10 minutes before taking these pics, she had launched herself off the sofa and across the living room to grab her tiny little stuffed squirrel and throw it in the air. She is still playful and vibrant and young! She and Bruno, who will be 6 in September, love to play and neither one has had any health problems. I encourage you to find out if there is a rescue in your area and if they have meet and greets. Go visit with the Danes and the people, ask questions, spend time getting to know these gentle giants and you'll see why we Danes owners love them so much. If you still prefer to buy a puppy from a breeder, they may be able to refer you to a reputable breeder in your area or at least steer you away from some known bad breeders. If you have any questions about Danes, feel free to PM me and if I don't know the answer, I'll find out!!
    Last edited by Brunoheart; 08-14-2010 at 11:23 PM.
    *~*Mica*~*
    0.2 Kids
    1.1 Great Danes
    1.0 '09 Pastel BP
    0.1 '09 Lemon Pastel
    0.1 '10 Lesser