Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,867

2 members and 2,865 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kam (43)
meganp (24)

» Stats

Members: 75,155
Threads: 248,596
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Upstream Morphs
    Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Cool Emperor Pictures.

She doesn't have a name yet but here is her home and the photos for her portfolio

~WHAT?! No cameo?!?? I'm outa here!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

CoolioTiffany (05-24-2010)

Thanks

Re: Cool Emperor Pictures.

I'm lovin' it!

At the sanctuary a mommy gave birth a couple weeks ago. A friend and I totally called one of the babies LOL. How is her temperament so far?
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

Amazing. The only time she is jumpy and defensive is at night in her viv. She is very active at night and since she got comfortable in her home and started eating, which didn't happen until I got her cave, she seems protective of it lol!

I just grab her between the last 2 joints of her tail between my fingers real fast and quickly set her in my hand. I only take her out if she is out of her cave, Then she just wants to walk around and try to fall off my hand. Lots of hand under hand to keep them from falling lol!

This one actually got me over my fear. I was a little freaked out at first that they use their claws to feel their way around. I saw her feeling around my hand with a claw and thought she was going to pinch me as she was walking along. I'm over it now though. I have handled her enough to know that she wont pinch or sting.

Its my understanding that the emperors are usually like this and very uninclined to hurt you as long as you never go at them in a threatening way. I think shes cool

Thanks

That is way cool, I honestly have never handled a scorpion. I've handled my tarantula a couple times and man is she fast LOL. She speeds around when she feels like it, but sometimes can be calm. Pink toes can definitely be fast when they want to be!

I would really like to handle a scorpion when I get the chance. How do they feel around with their claws? Do they slightly put pressure on your skin when they feel around?
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

Its like their just feeling the landscape for holes and bumps. Just setting a claw down, taking a step, setting the other one down, taking another step. The claws are open a little when they are walking but it just feels like their legs when they move along. If you haven't handled one you will probably jump when you first try to pick one up. Do it during the day when its laying around not moving and the tail is flopped to one side. Or use a piece of cardboard to push it onto your flat, open hand. Once you figure them out its not bad. I startled this girl when I pulled her out for pics and her claws flew up in defensive posture. I jumped for sure. I wont be messing with her at night anymore

Registered User ColdBloodedCarnival's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice looking creature you got there! I looovvveee emperors!!
    -T. Ross