Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,318

0 members and 2,318 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Post Re: I want to get this around!

Captive Reptile related fatalities in USA (includes salmonella)

1-in-2,681,245

SOURCES: National Center for Health Statistics, CDC; American Cancer Society; National Safety Council; International Federation of Red Cross
    and Red Crescent Societies; World Health Organization; USGS; Clark Chapman, SwRI; David Morrison, NASA; Michael Paine, Planetary Society Australian Volunteers
    bpherp.com - Breeder of ball python morphs & genetic mutations

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BPHERP For This Useful Post:

BrucenBruce (12-13-2009),Chocolate Muffin's (12-13-2009),steveboos (12-13-2009)

Thanks

Re: I want to get this around!

i think it is all absolute
    1.0 black back
    0.1 black back 100% het albino
    0.1 normal 66% het albino
    1.0 spider
    0.1 pastel
    0.1 normal
    0.0.1 russian tortoise

Thanks

Re: Wow is all I have to say

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Herps View Post
    It is my personal opinion that people with weak immune systems should be outdoors a bit more often around all the "harmful" bacteria and disease. That's how the immune system works; exposure.

And salmonella my foot! I never wash my hands after handling snakes (with the obvious exception of QT'ed snakes, but that's for their health, not mine) and have let them hang out in the kitchen and dining room for years and the only person in my household who has ever had salmonella acquired it from undercooked eggs.
    Your personal opinion is wrong. If your immune system is compromised that means that it doesn't work like a normal persons by exposing it to potentially infectious substances.
    ~ 1.0.0 Python regius ~ Wild-type ~
    ~
    1.0.0 Canis familiaris ~ Blue Italian Greyhound ~

~ 0.0.9 Danio rerio~ Wild-type and Glofish

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, did any of you contact HSUS regarding this article and the facts that contradict it?

http://www.humanesociety.org/about/contact

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Tempest View Post
    Just out of curiosity, did any of you contact HSUS regarding this article and the facts that contradict it?

http://www.humanesociety.org/about/contact
    The National Pet Association currently has a couple of biology/herpetology students reviewing the HSUS websites information about pet reptiles and pet reptile ownership. Any inaccuracies will be noted and corrections will be offered with references cited to verify the accuracy of the corrections.

Afterward, a comprehensive package with all of the results and a letter asking the Humane Society to updated their website with correct information about pet reptiles and keeping reptiles as pets will be sent to members of the board of directors of HSUS as well as senior HSUS staff. Major national media outlets will also all receive a copy of the package.

Stay tuned.

www.natpet.org

Blessings,

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Adam_Wysocki For This Useful Post:

BrucenBruce (12-13-2009),cardell75 (12-13-2009),Caskin (12-14-2009),dr del (12-13-2009),Nate (12-13-2009),sassy-pants (12-13-2009),waltah! (12-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bamf64 View Post
    isnt the second amendment the right to bear arms?
    Yes, that's what I was saying, we have an amendment that covers the right of the people to own firearms and for years we've lost a little more of our rights every year. So, my point was, if the 2nd can be ignored, how can we expect our representatives to listen to a few thousand hobbyist talking about don't ban my snake, but the other snakes are okay to ban.

We need to speak their language, we have to tell them in no uncertain terms, if you vote for this bill, you will lose my vote.

We need to tell them that this is not the responsibilty of the Federal government. This is a state issue and does not need to be addressed by them.

Jim Smith

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    Yes, that's what I was saying, we have an amendment that covers the right of the people to own firearms and for years we've lost a little more of our rights every year. So, my point was, if the 2nd can be ignored, how can we expect our representatives to listen to a few thousand hobbyist talking about don't ban my snake, but the other snakes are okay to ban.

We need to speak their language, we have to tell them in no uncertain terms, if you vote for this bill, you will lose my vote.

We need to tell them that this is not the responsibilty of the Federal government. This is a state issue and does not need to be addressed by them.

Jim Smith
    Over 60...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    This makes a lot of sense if you look at it from their angle. And honestly, I agree with it, to an extent.

Have you ever worked at an animal shelter? like, a real rescue center?

Dogs and Cats ARE over populated, and there are disgusting puppy mills out there that help to drive that commercial industry. Little Sue has to have that $1,000 dollar puppy at the puppy mart because it just looks so cute. 6 months later, we'd receive it at the SPCA.

There are a LOT of good animals in shelters - and I learned that first hand.
    I agree there are way too many dogs and cats, both in shelters and in the street. However, HSUS's own stance on pets seems to be that no animal should ever be bought or sold. Sounds like they're okay with adopting pets, but that's it. So what happens when there are no more animals to adopt? Oh, hey, cool, no more animals kept as pets! Hooray!
    Periodic Table Pythons - Quality, captive-bred pythons? It's elementary!

1.0 VPI Axanthic, 1.0 Genetic Stripe, 1.0 Red Axanthic, 1.0 Lesser Platinum, 1.0 50% Het Albino, 0.1 Albino, 0.1 Het VPI Axanthic, 0.1 Het Red Axanthic, 0.1 Het G-Stripe, 0.1 Woma, 0.1 Mojave, 0.1 Normal.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345