Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,615

1 members and 2,614 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,602
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Re: what to put in a 29 gallon?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanF View Post
    I would tell you to get a Coxi, there very cool rat snake. I dont know much about them but what i do know is there very easy to take care of, and they average about 3ft full grown!

~RyanF~ ps google it, one of the most beautiful rat snake there are if u ask me.

looking for aquatics

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RyanF View Post
    I would tell you to get a Coxi, there very cool rat snake. I dont know much about them but what i do know is there very easy to take care of, and they average about 3ft full grown!

~RyanF~ ps google it, one of the most beautiful rat snake there are if u ask me.

Easy to care for?

Really?

Do you have any idea how much one of these costs? And that they are not a fish?
    Last edited by Skiploder; 09-24-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxdopeyxxxx View Post
    Supposedly fish will only get as big as there tank allows them to. As far as what type of fish blue gill, small/large mouth bass, and maybe a cat fish. I would stay away from any carp.
    Wrong.

You will end up with a large fish with a potentially big bio load in a small tank.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I would pretty much stay away from all of the fish you are thinking of. A 29 gallon just is not going to be big enough. My 210 gallon is not really even big enough for some kinds of predatory fish.
    If you are looking for some cool native fish there are plenty available on aquabid that do not grow to monstrous sizes. Like orange throat darters, shiners, killie fish, and mosquito fish. You could have a really cool community tank full of native fish without having to upgrade the size of fish tanks later on.

Thanks

i agree, with above two, i've been in fish keeping for 8 years, and have a side job of setting up professional tanks, and any game fish in a 29 to 210 gallon is way wrong, if caught in wild even worse. fish dont grow to there tank size per say, once to big for tank they stop growing and it messes up their growth, they just dont stop growing. i have a 125- and a 29 gallon. in my 29 its a small tropical comminity tank. if you need any help just pm or write back. alo i wouldn't recomend game fish period but if must nothing lower than 300-350 gallon and thats buying a minnow sized fish, catching one out of the hide is very band an inhumane. sorry hope im not preachy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12