Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,582

1 members and 2,581 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

D3rv (47)

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,612
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new web site

Thanks

Re: My new web site

Quote Originally Posted by Clear View Post
    I just looked at your pictures and sure your watermark is very easy to remove, it even took me a min to see it on some pictures. A proper watermark will not be removed with ease.
    I agree.

It would take a good amount of time to cover up for even a pro. Most people probably don't even have the time, effort, or knowledge to put into snatching a watermarked image and removing the watermark.

Watermarking is the only way that I know of that will most likely deter people from using your images. Flash won't always work. I have a .SWF decompiler which will give me the image. (Decompilers are legal, by the way )

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Exactly, a nice looking watermark will not destroy the look of your pictures and it will keep some people from stealing them. If i was a picture thief (that sounds funny) and I saw a watermark I would just look for another picture, it takes time to remove basic stuff from images and make it look right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I agree.

It would take a good amount of time to cover up for even a pro. Most people probably don't even have the time, effort, or knowledge to put into snatching a watermarked image and removing the watermark.

Watermarking is the only way that I know of that will most likely deter people from using your images. Flash won't always work. I have a .SWF decompiler which will give me the image. (Decompilers are legal, by the way )
    Flash makes it a little harder as not many people have a decompiler. Its better than using gif or jpeg as these can be copied easily. The files are not .swf, they are flash movie files. I don't think they are the same. Then again, I've been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by Clear View Post
    Exactly, a nice looking watermark will not destroy the look of your pictures and it will keep some people from stealing them. If i was a picture thief (that sounds funny) and I saw a watermark I would just look for another picture, it takes time to remove basic stuff from images and make it look right.
    A watermark can be removed very easy...if you know how. I watermarked those pics before I resized them. I will have to fix that. I am making a new page with descriptions and maybe links to more pics of the same animals.

Thanks for the tips.
    In the end, if someone really wants my photos that bad, I guess there's no way I can prevent it.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave763 View Post
    A watermark can be removed very easy...if you know how.
    No a good watermark can not be removed very easy, you can remove them but it will be very easy to tell that the picture has been edited or something has been done to the image. I am not going to bicker with you on this subject.

Flash is tons easier to steal images from than watermarked images unless you have watermarks on the images in the flash.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave763 View Post
    Flash makes it a little harder as not many people have a decompiler. Its better than using gif or jpeg as these can be copied easily. The files are not .swf, they are flash movie files. I don't think they are the same. Then again, I've been wrong before.
    Yeah the .fla is the source file, and the .swf is the compiled flash file. You're using .swf's on your site.

When you insert a "flash file", you're inserting a .swf file.

Thanks

Awesome site man!!! Looks really good!
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python, 0.1.0 Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Spider Ball Python, 0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.0.0 Sorong Type Green Tree Python, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123