Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,640

0 members and 1,640 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,604
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl

Threaded View

Thanks

New Half Dwarf Burmese Father!

Hi all. New here, but not New to reptiles. Have carpet pythons, a b&w twgu and a BTS...Picked this guy up from a breeder at a Maryland reptile show who I really thought was genuine, older guy who'd been in hobby for a long time, showed me pics of the parents, so I felt comfortable about the purchase and expectation of the size he "should" get. I understand nothing is guaranteed and am comfortable with large reptiles. Anyhow, a big but simple question I had was this...

I set him up in a PVC 4x2x2 with a VE RHP on one side (was not putting out as much heat as I wanted as it's being run off the same 95* probe I have a jungle carpet on...and the other side is a caged halogen flood lamp. Basking spot is 95* with a flat rock as the heat collector. Humidity is about 71* and he has the XL corner water bowl to soak if he so wishes...some glazed flower pots and cork bark, mopani wood around to keep simple...please lmk if I missed anything.

My BIG question is, can the hot spot go away at night if the RHP is providing a warm area in the 80s? My reptiles are in the basement and it's probably 74 down there, but just want to make sure that night drop is okay since the RHP is always on with a VE-300.

Sorry I know that's a lot, and this siE enclosure is all I had, I fear it's a bit too big, but I read they grow fast and am hoping it's fine. He seems about 3ish ft already, Thanks!

CJ

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wanik4 For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (09-08-2022)