Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,375

1 members and 1,374 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,158
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Brayden0924

Threaded View

Thanks

Re: Grow Faster, Breed Sooner? (NOT POWER FEEDING)

Quote Originally Posted by Ball_Pythons4life View Post
    It is never explicitly stated what hos motivation and goal was, though it could be two things, he could be experimenting to find out ways to make money faster, or he could be experimenting for his own enjoyment. I think its safe to assume its the first one, but he is making a living out of his snakes, so I don't think he deserves so much hate for trying to find new ways to make money faster, as that is his goal in breeding, even though it might not be yours.
    Correct. It is about money or I could even somewhat agree about possibly his own enjoyment, but for sure, it wasn't about what could be best for the male bp's...

Your post leaves no doubt on your position...Its ok to experiment with the health of the snake -against known science- when its about personal enjoyment, money and breeding.

Erie explains why the long term affects don't matter:
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie_herps View Post
    ...You can't expect him just to keep all of his males he's tried it on to see the long term effects. It's not financially practical for his business. ...
    The long term outcome doesn't matter at all...the males are disposable....bred for their genes and sold off like playing cards to someone else who wants those genes.

I'd rather discuss the science related to this but it isn't possible because the science only points one way when talking about longevity and health.

The folks making an effort to defend the subject at hand continue to show the truth behind the curtain.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bns For This Useful Post:

Alicia (03-10-2021),Gio (03-10-2021),Hugsplox (03-10-2021),jmcrook (03-10-2021)