Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,947

1 members and 1,946 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kam (43)
meganp (24)

» Stats

Members: 75,156
Threads: 248,597
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lucasthesurf

Threaded View

Thanks
    Well I finally set up Totoro's big boy tub - he got a large plastic tub, big enough to last him probably until he's about a year old, with aspen shavings, a couple UTH's (one large one small), a nice water dish, some driftwood and a fun mossy climbing thing because I had a Petsmart coupon I needed to use. He dove right into the aspen and loves swimming around in it, though I have to admit, having a white snake living in aspen shavings isn't ideal for a display animal, lol. He likes to hide so well that I have a mini panic attack every time I go to look for him, I always think for a minute that he's somehow escaped!

I definitely plan to use many of the idea you guys gave me, especially the strawberry pot, I'm going to grab one the next time I'm in town (I live up in the mountains). He enjoys climbing on his stuff, he'll like the strawberry pot a lot I think!

I'm feeling guilty today, I offered him a mouse yesterday and he was TERRIFIED. Full on hissing, striking, flailing and trying to get away from it. He even accidentally bit me, and he's usually very very tame. About an hour later I went to check on him and realized he's in blue... oops, my bad. No wonder the little guy was so scared! (Though in my defense, both of my ball pythons will eat even when in blue - once Ana Gwyn ate, then shed 10 minutes later! So Totoro being in blue possibly being the problem didn't immediately occur to me.) But true to his nature, after about an hour he was back to being completely handleable, even though he can't see me very well, so I feel like he's getting used to my scent meaning "it's okay, this lady is safe."
    Last edited by OoohShiny; 09-20-2020 at 03:38 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OoohShiny For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-20-2020),Caitlin (09-20-2020)