Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,272

1 members and 3,271 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,207
Threads: 248,620
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, underscore

Threaded View

Thanks
    the overriding question/cloud is how can we expect the general public to support exotic animal ownership when we as a community won't come together to support it ourselves?
    The problem for me is, I DO want some regulations put on the owners of large dangerous animals. If my neighbor has a pet tiger, I want---at least!---someone inspecting that enclosure a couple times a year to make sure it's adequate, and to make sure they're feeding the animal properly. I can't support those who want no regulation on exotic animal keeping. A lot of people can't keep dogs properly, what makes me think they'll be any better with a tiger? I won't say that private ownership should be completely banned but I do want some oversight. I feel like this is common sense and not part of some greater conspiracy to end pet keeping.

I don't want to get eaten by my neighbor's pet!

Now, I'm not worried about the big snakes because the weather here doesn't support escaped tropical animals, but I can see why it would be concerning somewhere warmer.

I also don't think anyone should feel obligated to change their personal style because of public perception . I mean, I'm about as vanilla as anyone can be but I don't think everyone has to be.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowy For This Useful Post:

Crowfingers (04-04-2016),GoingPostal (04-02-2016)