I just took a snake in to the vet to see if I could get some antibiotics to start treating his obvious belly rot. I'd been giving it providone-iodine baths for a week before making the appointment, and only seeing minimal improvements. She seems convinced it's a burn, but from what I know about the situation I'm pretty positive it's rot. The temperature had been consistantly regulated at 82 F, but the humidity was sky high and dripping. Anyway here is what she suggested:

Blood Culture, Aero & Anaerobic
CBC Full
Avian/Reptile Chem 21 (PHX)
Silver Sulfadiazene (for the supposed burn)
IDX Anaerobic & Aerobic Culture

Plus a few odds and ends brought me to a grand total of... $607.60

I'm having a hard time remembering how she described some of these, so I'm asking you guys. From what I was hearing some of it sounded a bit redundant, and at $70-$156 a pop I'd like to skip anything unnecessary (if applicable). Either way I have to bring this snake back in because it started shedding the morning of the appointment, and she did not want to mess with it in blue. Minus the clinic visit, it's nice because it gives me a few days to look over what she gave me. Plus I wanted to see how it's scales looked after the shed, so we're waiting on that too.

Opinions?